This Defense is not Good.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The counter to that is what teams have done to us lately. Instead of keeping the back in to block, they swing him to either sideline and the QB knows if we blitz he's open. Backs and TEs have burned us a lot this year.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Then we still need better LB that can cover or another safety not named cyprien that can cover.

MInd you, I think DLB needs to go and the D can use some upgrades.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

So in your opinion, the goal of thr defense is to constantly make plays to win thr game rather than limit the amount of points an opponent scores, making it easier for the offense to score enough points to win? Interesting take.

Or you are just setting yourself up to once again complain about us not taking Jalen Ramsey after next weeks game.

4. HurrayTitans!

Didn't he just point out we were 20th in points given up?
    Titans also ranked 24th in takeaways (tied 21 in INT, tied 18 in FR)

So they're not really limiting other teams from scoring and they're not really making plays to help the struggling offense.
    I don't know anyone is arguing how bad the Offense has been but that this defense is not really good.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I dont think anyone is saying the defense is really good either but good enough to win most games. The games im referring to are Miami, Arizona, SF and LA. Our d was good enough to win all those making us a 12 win team.
    You should also expect the stats and performance to decline the more they are on the field.

6. HurrayTitans!

I'd argue the SF and LA games. SF scored on 7/8 possessions. Doesn't matter they were held to FG. The biggest problem in that game is every chance with the lead, they gave it up quickly including the game winning drive.

Gurley ate this D up and so did Goff.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

My opinion is that this defense is not good and has padded stats against awful to incredibly average QBs. I don't know why this has been talked about for nine pages and you haven't made that connection yet.

"We're blaming the defense for not winning 12 games?"

Who has said that? No one.

I have not once said this defense is bad. It's not. It's also not good.
    You guys talk about Winston and Ramsey way more than I do. Hell, a Winston thread popped up when I was off the board for a month. It was updated for a few weeks. Then the Titans started losing and you guys realized maybe you should start worrying about this scrub ass team instead of the one in Tampa.

8. Fry

Hey! Someone gets it!

9. Fry

256 yards and 2 TDs for Gurley.

"Defense played fine. Good enough to win."

10. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

SF was arguably our worst defensive showing, on par with the blowouts.

We gave up a lot of points against LA, relatively speaking, but also scored a TD, forced 4 punts and turnover on downs. The defense forced a stop with good field position to start the game, and we responded with an INT.

That's the problem with having an offense which is incredibly sluggish to begin games and turnover-prone, we are usually playing catch-up instead of taking the early lead and dictating the flow of the game. But I find a net of 20 points and a clutch stop to give the ball back to our offense at the end of the game more than an acceptable performance against the #1 scoring offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar