The what song are you playing thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gunny, Sep 4, 2007.

1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

This is alright, but I got bored half way through. A lot, if not a majority, of todays 'up and coming' or rappers trying to make it have influences from Weezy. Download: Da Drought 3. Don't youtube it, because all of the songs on there are slowed down for dA Drought 3.

2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

aye bruh im a hip hop conoseur. lil wayne is by far a better rapper than black milk. black milk is a great producer who rides that hype into a rap career.

COOOT Dng weezy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w11_UUbezrg

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

4. theprizdfighter

Your case was killing Weezy, not mainstream hiphop. And I wouldn't say it's dead; it may be dieing, but you just posted four youtube videos of stuff you thought was decent (probably thought it was more than decent because it 'killed' Wayne) so it can't be that hard to find decent stuff without 'digging' up Da Drought 3.

You never liked Wayne, okay, you can rest your case on that.

5. XO

XO Nevada Native

You are right about mainstream hip hop dying. There are are some bright spots. Just turn on your local hip hop radio station and try not to get bored.

Then Pacman up there just linked a track that features Drake? Ouch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UJqtlVZWww&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you think about it hip hop is not the only form of music suffering these days. Rock, Country ect are all watered down. People just keep eating it up.

6. theprizdfighter

You're right.

This is my niece's boyfriend. He is an intern at ESPN and an amateur MC in NYC. Albert Rhymestein, him and his boy 'BS' make up Dolla Coffe and just released a debut album. This clip is from Spittin' in Da Whip. Rhymestein went to the top of Spittin' in Da Whip's charts for this performance and stayed up there for a while, if he isn't still on top of it he is probably still top 10.

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_vVGsBCgFmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

All these forms of music at the consumer culture level are prepackaged baloney and I agree "popular" music is in the saddest shape it's ever been in since its inception. The industry broke itself - and they deserved it.
    There is still great music happening at the underground level.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

• Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar