The Titans have contacted the Cardinals about Anquan Boldin.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans/skers

titans/skers Starter

maybe someone in the titans fo will wake mr in time to trade for boldin tommorow.

2. titans/skers

titans/skers Starter

either that or we strike gold in the draft and find the next boldin

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Hackeem Nicks? You never know.....

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Whatever happens, happens. I have come to trust our front office. If they're not going to give enough for him then oh well. Some team i'm sure will open up the bank for him. Look at the R. WIlliams deal, first, third and sixth-round draft picks this year, and a seventh round pick in 2010 and Boldin is better ! I can't see them only wanting a first and third.

And we got Jones not Miller for a return guy.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Here's the REAL deal...

For those reporters who haven't figured it out, it goes like this. Since the REPORTED salary desired by Boldin is 10+mil/yr, no one will make a trade until they know exactly what he wants (so the team can decide if it's worth it). As long as a team..Titans, Jets, Giants, Eagles, Ravens, ect show they are at least somewhat serious...they get to talk to Drew who tells them what Boldin wants...and will accept. Now all parties interested in trading for Boldin will know EXACTLY what it will cost. Cuz during the draft...and you have 10mins to talk trade...you dont have time to call Drew and talk numbers.

From the Cards perspective, they win in 2 ways. First, out of the teams willing to make the deal, they can see who offers the most. Secondly, once they see who that suitor is and what pick they're getting...let's say for the argument it's the Titans giving up the 62 pick...they wait til the Titans are on the clock there and see if they WANT the pick that badly...they can do this with all interested teams...so they can jump in and get a player they really want...let's say Hakeem Nicks. Now, the Cards can get whacked in this scenario because what do you think will happen if the Titans take a WR in rnd 1. No way we then trade our 2nd for Boldin. But even if every team decides not to make the move...unlikely...the Cards will know exactly what Boldin was willing to take in contract to go to another team. Assuming this is a lower number than the 10mil reported, they can then offer him the lesser amount to get him to shut his mouth.

I'd say the front runners to land Boldin are the Giants, Eagles, or Ravens with the Titans a not too far away 4th.

Gut

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Oh and I really hope we don't draft Mack or another center. I really, really felt Harris played well against the Ratbirds in the playoff game and will fill in fine when Mawae hangs them up.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I really hope there is some truth to us being interested. Cause Boldin wearing #81 for the Titans would make all my dreams come true for our offense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. titans/skers

titans/skers Starter

Same here. Boldin could be the missing piece to our super bowl run. Unfortunately we may never find out.

9. titans/skers

titans/skers Starter

cant get this boldin craziness out of my mind. I have a new theory. The first rumor today came from rotoworld i think, it had the cardinals looking into our running backs. It is denied later on. Second rumor has the price for boldin dropping it is also denied, Finally titans rumored to have been given permission to talk to boldins agent. again denied. Well, it seems funny that two sources rotoworld and espn would be wrong completely. So at last my theory, Titans and cards have a deal worked out and permission was give to talk to the agent to settle the money and extension. In the meantime the cards are going to wait till sometime tommorow to make sure they dont get a better offer. If they do the titans are informed and have the option to make a counter offer. If they dont the current trade is finalized.

We will see what happens tommorow.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. titans/skers

titans/skers Starter

one thing i forgot to mention. when the rumor about us getting permission to speak to boldins agent was denied there was one person who neither denied or confirmed the rumor. Boldins agent. Of all people who would be most likely to comment about it other then his agent. Why wouldnt espn check with his agent for confirmation. Maybe they did and it was confirmed but they were told to keep it on the dl. hence them coming back and saying it was not true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar