The Titans are in....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Wingman, Dec 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingman

Wingman Starter

that is the reality. They don't deserve it, but they will be in the playoffs. There is nothing for Jacksonville to play for. They are locked in to 3 with no hopes of advancing or possibility of falling. They will be half hearted and rest key guys, pull others early. Can we finally get it together during wild card weekend?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Sure hope so. The team has the talent to do it. They've even shown over the last 2 seasons that they can play their best against the better teams they play. It is absolutely possible that they could win in Jacksonville in the wild-card round. Will they? I have no idea. Is it completely impossible they screw up and lose this next one? No. I do agree that it is unlikely though.

3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Half hearted teams playing their backups took us to the wire before

This will be a bloodbath

• High Five High Five x 7
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

This is not reality at all.
    I'm sure Miami wants to end Buffalo and Oakland wants to end SD, but I don't think both happen and there's still that issue of the titans winning a game.

5. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

king Henry starts next week!!!

Let Robiskie go home early and let Mariota call plays.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Why do people keep acting like JAX is going to let a division rival just waltz into the playoffs? We've already beat them once, handily. Pride matters. Teams don't like getting swept by division rivals. How bad would it look if they laid down week 17 and then we ended up knocking them out of the playoffs?

I think all this talk is just wishful thinking from fans. I just don't see it happening.

• High Five High Five x 15
  7. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

They are not but my understanding is they have nothing in next weeks game if Pitt wins tonight. So why would they risk injury next week.

Either way we need to win to get in regardless who they start. We have been sloppy and inconsistent but the jags are right behind us. They won a couple games they were handed . Overly rated

8. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Yeah, not so sure jax is just gonna lay down.

Dont care if they do, just want to make the Playoffs. If by some off chance this team can put it all together, we may even win a playoff off game. Eithet way, hell of alot better than the 3 and r win seasos from just a few years ago.

9. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

So what’s the Deal?

Titans win they are in

What happens if they lose? If LA or Buf win then they are in and we’re out correct?

Any other teams with 7 wins have a chance due to tie breakers or is just down to titans, chargers and bills for that last seed?

{correction} looking at standings no one else has 7 wins in the AFC so I guess I answered my own question ... down to 3 teams , 1 spot.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If we lose we need LA and BUF to lose next week. BAL is going to automatically clinch a playoff spot if we lose.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar