The Iron Man 3 twist (SPOILERS) SPOILERS SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by nickmsmith, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Oh, Trevor. Silly Trevor.

Yea I thought it was funny. This was the funniest Iron Man, but probably the weakest of the three, overall, IMO. It might beat out #2, but not by much.

I just thought the villains were pretty cheesy. That was my main beef with it.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

My disappointment was that the Mandarin wasn't who I thought he would be going in. I have no issue with the twist and thought it was pretty funny.

But the trailer, his voice, he just seemed to have the makings of an epic villain. But, Guy Pearce was pretty good.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

^

I agree with Gunny that the Mandarin could have been epic with Ben Kingsley. But I didn't have a problem with the twist assuming they were actually going to do something cool with Guy Pierce.

But disagree completely about Guy Pierce. He held Iron Man 3 back IMO. Generic and boring villain. Iron Man 3 was good but Guy Pierce prevented it from being really good. RDJ was great though, best acting of all the Iron Man movies.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

That's why I liked IM3 though, the fact it was its own movie and not just some cheap filler for the Avengers like IM2.

There was an alien invasion that took place in the middle of the day in downtown, New York...kinda warrants some dwelling on... lol

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Rumour going round is:

RDJ is in contract negotiations for Avengers 2 and 3, but not Iron Man 4 (yet)

Apparently some Marvel actors are unhappy with their pay, but I find it unlikely since they're already filming Thor 2 and CA2 starts soon as well.

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

The Mandarin twist killed me because I wanted to see Ben Kingsly play him through the WHOLE movie, he such a good actor when he plays the bad guy. As for the end, taking the chest piece out of Tony Stark is like ripping the American Flag off an american solider, now he's just.....a man.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's what I wanted and expected. But I am glad they didn't do it right at the end, you can tell they originally planned this.

However, Kinglsey as the actos was hilarious.

8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

why the hell did tony have 50 suits of iron men but never had one when he needed it? They did the whole flying armor routine probably 20 times. thought it was weak

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They were buried in the debris from when his house was destroyed. When it was cleared he was able to access them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They made that fairly clear. Unlike the motives for the fire guys for wanting to kill the president.

All in all. I felt more ripped off and empty about TDKR than IM3, because IM3 had personality. They puffed up bane as a real bad@##.. the guy who would destroy batman, and he's just a decoy, and they did it in an UNINTERESTING way.

We knew Mandarin was going to be a hands-off kind of guy to begin with.. and no matter what, they were going to butcher the character. A pseudo-indian british guy playing the mandarin who is a Bin-Laden ripoff, with a cheesy way of speaking... The character was already "gone." There's no salvaging that.. That's not the Mandarin.. you could swap the name with doodah Bin Laden and it would have been the same character (if they had gone through with it).

I was so shocked and honestly happy about the Mandarin switch-up, because they did it in a smart and funny way. Like I said, personality goes a long way, and the person who he was a lackey to was a legitimate threat. Not the daughter of a real threat. The conspiracy thing was a pretty creative and bold idea, especially since the conspiracy talk has been part of the mainstream consciousness the past few years.

The fun part about the IM series is that you have a loose grip on realism, and you don't take it too seriously.
    Dark knight series prided themself on being realistic.. then ended the series on blowing up an ATOMIC BOMB about a mile outside of a major city.. and somehow, nobody was affected, ruining the entire suspense of it being an atomic bomb. They must expect the viewers to be incredibly stupid.

RDJ is BY FAR the best superhero movie actor ever, no doubt. But, I've always been partial to Marvel.. but EVERY superhero franchise has disappointed me besides this one.

Daredevil-Garbage
    Xmen3-garbage
    Spiderman-mostly garbage
    Fantastic 4- pure garbage
    Batman-pretty good but overhyped, TDKR was a disappointment, but still a decent film.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar