The Iron Man 3 twist (SPOILERS) SPOILERS SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by nickmsmith, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

what did you guys think of it? I thought it was genius and hilarious, but I can see how hardcore fans would be disappointed and angry.

2. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Are you talking about the ending?? I still dont get why they needed to go that route. Makes the Avengers 2 movie seems weird now

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I think he means Mandarin.

I thought it was stupid, but I never found Mandarin interesting anyways.

4. nickmsmith

yes, the mandarin. I thought it was great. Mandarin was already kind of an over-the-top, cheesy villain. Turning him into just a terrorist was pretty stupid anyway. I thought Kingsley did a great job, and the directors did a good job of building up expectations, then pulling the rug out. It's bold and unexpected. I liked it.

I thought the way he voiced the character while in character was extremely annoying.. and it would have been painful to listen to for the rest of the film. Seeing him come out of the bathroom talking all casually was hilarious. Directors finally showed they have balls in this film, while knowing they will singlehandedly lose some of the fanboys.. Honestly, it isn't the hardcore fanboys that make them their money off the movies. They nitpick everything anyways.

It may have been the least good of the 3. But it was still better than ANY Spiderman movie that has ever come out. Way better than Xmen 3, no doubt. Maybe better than Xmen 1. I liked 2.

5. NewHorizans

OH, ok as someone who never read Iron Man comics. I didnt care one way or the other. I just hate how they act like he is done with being Iron Man. Its stupid. Like in Avengers 2 they are going to have to beg him to make a new suit and all that b/c world is in trouble blah blah blah. I guess if you look at the 3 movies as one story its different, but they even referenced Avengers in this movie. So its come off as lame

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. nickmsmith

I don't see the ending as a twist, or as lame. I think this is the end of the Iron Man series. I see the avengers as a separate entity, but still one that affects the storyline. I think you gotta wrap up the Iron Man series, and if he comes back and makes a new suit for the Avengers, then that's fine. I see the Avengers series as a fun, entertaining cash-grab off of Iron man, and the IM series deserves a conclusive ending.

And they can spend the first 1/4 of avengers 2 trying to convince Stark to put on the suit again.

7. NewHorizans

But why do they always have to kill off the character (in this case kill the suit). The comic never needs, why does the movie? And they shouldnt have to waste any time in Avengers 2 with this story line as we all know he will be back in a suit for that movie. Its not like they made all 3 IM movies and then started the Avengers. Everyone knew the Avengers 2 movie is set for 2015. Its a waste of 20 mins in that movie if you ask me.

8. nickmsmith

Ya I can see that. I think the whole Iron Man storyline suffers because of the Avengers. The first two are pretty fairly grounded in reality.. Thor is WAY out there, but it works.. for Thor. Captain America just plain sucked, IMO. Never saw the new hulk, but he was pretty much worthless in the Avengers anyway.

But when you combine them all, I think Iron Man was the most hurt by the Avengers plot. I enjoyed the Avengers, but I wish it never existed for IM3's sake. I wish they would have begun the Avengers AFTER wrapping up the Iron man story.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Iron Man was never really appealing to the comic book fanboys anyway. I really enjoyed the movie but something just seems off to me, it's just another movie where Tony Stark has to go find himself again. This would have been a perfect Iron Man 2 then have the 3rd with a bunch of ass kicking and a better villain but again this was a good movie.

I guess Avengers 2 will start with that alien guy (blanking on his name) coming down to earth and then Stark decides to come back.

Also something I thought of, why wasn't War Machine in the Avengers? You would think with an alien attack they would need all the help they could get and he was introduced in Iron Man 2.

10. nickmsmith

That's a good question. In comic book fiction land, Rhodes works for the us govt and not shield, so he wouldn't have been involved I guess. In reality, they didnt wanna pay a high dollar salary.
    Plus, that movie was already busy with all the heroes. Adding another to juggle would have hurt more than helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar