The Fight

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by emong, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

But Gunny....Finnegan's dirty!!!!

2. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

True, but Finny running his mouth all season about wanting to be the dirtiest player in the league + his previous fine sounds like a looming suspension. Plus the Richard Seymour incident from last week may be precedent for the NFL to only fine Johnson 25,000 for his "first incident". Only Czar Goodall knows.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Finnegan did nothing illegal to start the fight. At worst it was a facemask on the bump within the first 5 yards.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Bob McNair exudes class with his comments afterward

5. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

Yes finnegan was being dirty and caused the fight but, AJ has all the blame for it in my eyes. He is the one who lost his cool and went off. I could understand Finny getting a fine for his jab to the facemask at the begining of the play, but i didnt see anything that warrants a suspension from him. AJ completely lost his cool, ripped off Finny's helment, and tried to knock him out. He should be penalized worse than Finny for it and suspended IMO

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wonder if Corners are going to start it with AJ now that they know he can be had.

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I'm not saying he started the fight. However, the retaliatory helmet rip off and subsequent continued sparring will probably be looked at by the NFL as grounds for suspension. There's a number of examples in the NFL where the guy who starts the fight doesn't get burned as bad as the second guy. This situation however may cause the NFL to reevaluate their fighting policy.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Possibly but AJ was throwing punches and tore the helmet off first, Finnegan didn\'t really throw a punch.

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I'd love to see AJ get suspended and I hope it happens. However, I think the reality of it all will result in Finny getting the worst of this. Unfortunately.

I'd love to see AJ get a 2 to 3 game pink slip.

10. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

I like Finnegan but he got what he deserved today. He crossed that line were he was being a punk. When he got in AJ's face Finnegan got showed up. Everyone knows AJ would have won that fight anyways. Finnegan is feisty, but IMO he crosses the line a lot. If I was a player out there I probably would do the same thing IMO. Plus his play really sucks, and he needs to concentrate on defending the WR than starting fights IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar