The Demise of Tackle Football

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Funny--- If anyone doesnt see the agenda to end the NFL both from within and from external factors, you are fooling yourself. From the kneeling, to the over saturation of rules.

Just like how they are removing statues, and silencing speech. The countries biggest show of unity and "espre de corps" weekly happens at NFL games, it needs to be taken out. It is rapidly being torn apart.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

My question is, which nobody in the media or NFL seems to want to answer is this - when does the integrity of the game overrule player safety? The game is inherently dangerous, players know this going in. They are well compensated for it and are not forced to do it, but choose to. At some point doesn't the NFL have to stand up and say "No, this goes against the very nature of our game" and leave it at that?

Why is it the NFL is the only rough sport under scrutiny? You never hear of people complaining that UFC is too dangerous, or hockey, or heck - even rugby - they play without helmets!

This is just my opinion, but I think a lot of the CTE issues are from guys who have played full contact football since they were 6-7 years old. They played too rough, too early while their brains were still growing and developing and that's what leads to issues down the line. Not playing in the NFL as a grown man. I have never heard of a player who started playing as a junior or senior in high school developing CTE - I could be wrong but I haven't seen it. Obviously I'm not a doctor, but that's something nobody seems to bring up either.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Been saying this for years. It really could be that simple, but I doubt the players would agree to it. Would probably have to be negotiated into the CBA somehow. If there are more big money lawsuits in the future, current players will want a cut of it.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why do they wear pads?

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

CTE and PC police will end the NFL within 20 years.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The answers are pretty simple, but the NFL is like the rest of our society; its so PC now what the ones in charge have become afraid of their own shadows.

A. Mandate every player entering the NFL has to sign a waiver to play in the league. All evidence of concussions and their potential long term problems must be disclosed and the player must agree to waive any future litigation against the NFL or equipment manufacturers.

B. The league needs to invest in R&D for new helmets and protective equipment in perpetuity.

C. Mandate all players wear mouthpieces. This is such a simple fix and such an effective way to minimize concussions I have no idea why this hasn't been done already

Obviously the NFLPA will B&M over this but the ownership needs to stand firm. Even if there is a lockout of some kind this will be the death of the sport in the next 15 or so years, its time to take a stand now! This is only going to add more stoppages, more reviews, more BS and currently the NFL is over loaded with.

This is about money. The NFL doesn't want to change the rules but they are being forced to because of all these concussion lawsuits. Without TV viewership the NFL is dead in the water and with this new rule viewership will certainly drop. Between the recent QB safety rules not to mention personal fouls, illegal contact and the ambiguous catch rule, it already has. That's not even taking to account all the moronic kneeling.

Honestly if the owners don't do something now they may as well look into a new flag football league or sell now and buy into some soccer team.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the QB SAC in particular was pathetic... just awful call

8. RPD

RPD Starter

How is a defender supposed to stop a receiver w/o putting some force behind the hit? If he stands straight up a dude running wide-open will run right over him.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Yea, this better not roll over into regular season.

Preseason usually has more penalties, but this is insane.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Will take longer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar