The All Purpose College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Eddyc85, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Just noting that ULM beat Bama last year. I like to say that whenever I can.:) Oh that whole SEC schedule. The SEC doesn't schedule hard teams cause they play in the toughest conference in history. Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss. St, Florida, Georgia, Florida, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky are all going to a bowl game. That's 9 teams! Who knows Tennessee might make it.:suspect:

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

florida is so good they're making it to TWO bowl games! damn that SEC!

3. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Just noting that Bama is ranked #2 in the country THIS year. Roll Tide! And, before you reply with 6 in a row; Got Twelve? or even two?

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Bama is looking GOOOooOOOOD. Which makes me scared as a UT fan! Good luck the rest of the year.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I wasn't just trying to harp on Ohio State (though it seemed that way), every team schedules marshmallows for the first month of the season.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Strength of schedule doesn't really work in arguments because most these schedules are made 10 years in advance.
    Like OSU just put Tennessee on their schedule for 2015 or somewhere in there.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

hopefully fulmer is still there :brow:

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

First off Notre Dame usually has a joke of a schedule every year.

Secondly saying that the SEC is so tough that they don't need a tough out of conference game is such crap. The Big 12 is just as strong as the SEC if not stronger and did that stop Missouri from playing Illinois? Did that stop Nebraska from playing Virginia Tech? Did it stop Texas from playing Ohio State two years in a row a few years back?

I'm so sick and tired of hearing people say "well OSU scheduled Youngstown State, Ohio, and Troy" it's not even an argument. Because you can't use it without mentioning any other team in college football. Show me a team who doesn't have 2 or 3 cupcake teams on the schedule. Or in Notre Dame's case how about having about 5 or 6 cupcake games. I mean talk about weak schedules you have 1 ranked team against USC and I'm sure you'll get beat like a drum that would have an Ohio State fan like myself laughing.

And as for this "well it was a close game against Troy in the 4th" OK well it was a true freshman starting his first game. I forgot that Jimmy Clausen was Joe Montana his first time out. Oh wait he was garbage and he still is garbage.

And can we please stop talking about Vanderbilt being a good team? Last in the SEC in offense and defense. Eventually they will come back down to Earth and be their usual dreadful self, 6 wins tops.

And the whole notion that the SEC beats up on each other like no other conference is false as well. Need proof? Florida loses to a bottom feeder team, that doesn't mean it's a tough conference that means your supposed top teams are not as strong as you think. I'm not a believer in LSU either. Alabama looked good but Georgia (the supposed top team in the country) also looked horrible. Auburn can't score a TD to save their life and the Vols don't look like they could beat a high school team.

Yea so basically the SEC is overrated.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

4/10 BCS Championships. The last 2 as well.

I'm just happy we don't have to see Ohio State or USC which plays 1 hard out of conference game and has maybe 2 hard in conference games, with no conference championship game, cakewalk to another championship appearance.

So, since USC lost to Oregon State that supports your above statement that PAC10 is a weak conference and the supposed top team isn't that good. Wait, who did Ohio State lose to. Oh yeah, USC.

Come on, you are just a bitter Ohio State fan. The year you guys are supposed to win a national title you blow it. The two prior years when you get there you lose by a combined score of 1000-7.

I will concede, as of right now, I view the Big12 as the strongest conference for this season. But it's very close between them and the SEC.

Oh and the SEC always has hard out of conference scheduling mixed in. Arkansas played Texas. Auburn plays West Virginia (not much now, but thought to be outstanding at beginning of season). Florida plays Florida State every year (yeah they've been down lately but still). Florida also played Miami. So it's not like the SEC only has cupcake out of conference schedules, for the record.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yes the Pac 10 is weak and Florida losing to a bottom team is different than USC doing it. Reason is because USC loses a game like that every year, I figured it would happen this year and it did. Florida doesn't lose games like that every year, they just got upset, at home, by a bad team. Tebow's run game has been figured out and he's being exposed as just an average QB.

And your just a bitter Tennessee fan who uses the fact that you play in the SEC as an excuse to make up for your mediocrity for the whole decade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar