Post-Game Thread Texans 24- Titans 21

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfanatic, Dec 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

Its that run of fortunate luck that doesn't convince me that the future is bright. If we don't have that goal line stand against the charger, the refs blowing that call in Tampa, for instance, this team has a losing record. For all the talk about how good this team is, they have only beaten one team with a winning record and they needed somethings to go there way that usually dont in order to beat the chiefs. (Edit, I think colts had winning record when titans beat them)

On the flip side we lost games in the beginning of the year that with better QB play and an actual kicker, the could have won.

I'm basically at the point where I am wondering has this team hit the wall at just above .500. Still two games left to go though

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

My takeaways:

1. We lost largely because of not having Butler & Adoree. Plain and simple. Our CB’s out there got smoked time and again. Brock was terrible. He needs to get cut and Jenkins signed TONIGHT.

2. Tannehill played very well after he calmed down a bit. Hitting receivers in stride, making plays with his legs and leading a near comeback.

3. Henry wasn’t Henry at all. Dude had no explosion and couldnt accelerate to that second level. I appreciate the effort but we need a viable backup.

4. Our pass rush is shockingly weak. Landry has been so so and Correa surprisingly productive of late, but Watson had waaaay too much time out there. Pees really should have brought more pressure tonight.

5. Speaking of coaching, what’s with running Henry up the gut a hundred times and completely abandoning using him on pitchouts and screens to get him in space. Been soooo effective lately. Probably my only real criticism of the coaching staff today.

6. Hard to win close games with so many injuries. Delanie, Hump, Pamphile, Butler, Adoree and Bates were ALL missed.

7. Jonnu is a stud

8. Bring back Cody Parky

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

For some reason Art thinks you cant run outside the tackles until after the 2nd half. That is my biggest complaint with Art right now.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Probably had more to do with Henry’s hammy than anything else.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Except it wasnt just in this game. Every game, we run up the middle over and over in the first half. I think Art thinks it is wearing down the defense. But, to me, running to the outside forces the entire defense to run side to side which will wear them out more than the 2 or 3 guys Henry hits going right up the middle.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree....that was the most brain dead call I have seen in awhile....

7. Overalls

Overalls Starter

First: I didn't come here to talk smack. I am a firm believer that if you don't stick your neck out before the game don't come talking smack after the game.

I used to come by here frequently but haven't been a regular since about the time Blazing Arrow passed away., but I have been coming by here more often in the last month or so and and reading what y'all have been saying. I find the "Mary" vs. "Tammy" (y'alls words) talk amusing, but expected.

One thing that stuck out with me after yesterdays game is the defeatist attitude of some of the long suffering fans. Don't get me wrong I am not here to chastise those with the attitude but to commiserate with them. As a football fan that has followed Houston pro football since about 76 I can relate. I still have and I guess will always have that feeling that no matter who the team just beat they can lose to the bottom feeder the next week. Or that feeling that it doesn't matter that your team is up by 14 and there is only five minutes left in the game you worry that they will still lose the game. I won't bet on the Texans to win ever. I know that no matter when, no matter against who, no matter how good the team is playing, they can lose to anyone. I feel for y'all. I don't like having the feeling and feel for those that share it.

Anyway good luck next week. I probable won't be here talking smack before the final game, but who knows.

8. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Not going to overreact to this one

Kicking game is a problem
    Derrick does not look 100%
    Firkser fumble was a killer

Yet, the steelers lost and we still have a shot and I'm also very excited for next season and what this team has become.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TitansStro

TitansStro Special Teams Standout

At the end of the day, this turned out to be a very winnable game despite being very depleted at CB and not having Henry at 100%. If Firkser holds onto the ball, this game could have gone very differently. My only real gripe is the kicking game. That’s an issue that should have been addressed several weeks ago. Santoso should be released and Succop needs to be back on IR. Maybe next year he can return to form, but they definitely need to bring in some REAL competition for training camp next season. Other than that, hopefully they can get back on track and get a little help from the Jets or Ravens.

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

That play would have resulted in another TD for us and, probably, one less for them. Not to mention momentum swing.

So frustrating.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar