team needs

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ONUV, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

1. Wide Receiver: They have used quite a few mid-round picks on wideouts in recent drafts but the results have been mixed (at best) so it is probably time to finally give Vince Young that true #1 target.
    2. Defensive Line: Both Antwan Odom and Travis LaBoy are free agents at end and Albert Haynesworth might hit the open market as well but even if he is re-signed they still need some depth inside.
    3. Tight End: Ben Troupe is going to hit the open market and might not be brought back, which leaves only Bo Scaife and he's more of an H-Back. At the absolute least they'll have to bring in some depth.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/teamneeds.html#ten

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

You can add to that list

DT: We have absolutely NO depth behind Haynesworth. Tony Brown is sufficient but undersized. Starks never live up to his potential. Simon retired. Vickerson is huge but doesn't play like it. And we know absolutely nothing about Johnson since he got hurt before the season

G: Benji was just average while he was here, but with his injury he may retire or not play up to his average level. Bell is average as well and is a FA that will demand more that he is really worth. Loper is questionable just because of his limited experience. Harris could play guard, but looks to be the heir to Mawae' position. Amano is a career backup.

Linebacker: We have absolutely no depth behind an aging Keith Bulluck and Thorton. We are one injury away from ANOTHER terrible Schwartz defense.

P: Our punter is reliable and one of he best in the game, but he is aging

CB: Even if Pac comes back you cant have enough good Corners

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I agree with all that

Needs (and how to fill them)

1. WR (draft and/or FA)
    2. CB (FA or draft)
    3. DE (re-sign, draft)
    4. S (draft or FA)
    5. HB (FA)
    6. DT (FA, late round pick)
    7. G (late round pick, re-signs)

4. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Just needs OLB through the draft.

Shawn Crable, Michigan

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Here's how I look at it:

QB- Very Low
    RB- Low
    FB- Low
    WR- Very High
    TE- High
    OT- Low
    OG- High*
    C- Moderate

DE- High*
    DT- High
    OLB- Low
    MLB- Low
    CB- High
    FS- Very Low
    SS- Low

K- Very Low
    P- Moderate

* Guard and D-End position because we haven't re-signed Bell or Odom yet. If we re-sign either it would make that position not as strong of a need.

No way we can get everything I'd like us too, but hopefully we'll add at least 3 big pieces through the draft and FA for us to move further in the playoffs and become more of a top tier team.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

OGs, since pacman's future is uncertain. tee hee

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

How did you get RB as low? Do you have that much faith in Chris Henry? Same for SS with Hope hurt.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

RB- Yeah, I think I have enough faith in Chris Henry to say he will be our change of pace back next season. But the real reason is I have enough faith in Lenwhale. One of the big concerns was whether or not Lendale could handle a full-time season as a starter. He proved last season he could. So I think we will sign some RB on the cheap that can contribute in special teams and maybe as a receiver out of the backfield.

But I didn't say "very low" for the reason that if someone drastically slips to our spot in the 1st round, or we just really really like someone, I could see us making a move in the draft. I think the real shocker, to me, would be if we spent big free agency money on another RB.

SS- I said "low" on strong safety only because I'm believing in Hope's comments that he feels fine and is ready to comeback and play at his high level. There is some concern, but with our other areas of need, I don't think we would do more than sign a 5th-7th round pick at this position.

I would like to see us draft Marcus Griffin, but I can't really find it justifiable with him predicted to go in the 3rd round. I just feel there are other needs that have to be addressed that early in the draft. But i would not complain if Griffin becomes our 3rd round pick. Our defense is very dependent on D-line and smart safety play.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Our needs IMO:

1. WR - Berrian would be a solid FA pick-up if we don't over pay him like he's elite. I don't really think any WR will be worth the #24 pick except James Hardy I like his size at 6'5 220, speed ran in the 4.4's which is phenomenal for his size but he showed it on the field as well, He also has solid hands not great but had a very good season in which he embarassed once thought to be a 1st round pick in CB Justin King.

2. CB - Assuming the top WR's are gone Mario, Hardy, Kelly.....I think we can't pass on Aqib Talib. He's rangy, well built, quick, above average speed, and just a playmaker and spark plug on def. Don't know enough about Cromartie but anyone other than Harper or Hill is welcome.

3. DT - Shaun Rodgers for a 3rd rounder would make me extremely happy. Assuming we go a different direction I think if Pat Sims or Red Bryant are available round 2 it would be good value. Dre Moore could also be considered round 2.

4. G - Benji Olsen done wether he hangs it up or not he just doesn't cut it and Amano is a backup. I wouldn't mind if it if we went Chilo Rachal round 2 because it all starts in the trenches and this guy could be awsome. Don't forget Bell is a FA and very replaceable so we need some G's.

5. DE - Odom's basically out the door which leaves Laboy and Fisher. Fisher I didn't see enough of and Laboy is a rotational guy which means we either need a starter or another rotational guy and since I'm sick of rotational guys we could be looking at Merling or Campbell if they are there round 1 and if we pass him then I think we are looking at round 4 or so to get one. McCrary could be an FA option but I think we use a draft pick in the middle rounds say Kenny Iwbema.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar