Target Trey Burton in FA?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Seattle picked him up last I heard

2. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

I never understood that move.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Yeah. He's on their practice squad and signed a futures contract to be in camp next season.

Big timing it up.

4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

forcing stocker to play fb basically..... jrob has to get a fa fb, and cut ties with stocker and supernaw -- bringing in burton.

5. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Seahawks pratice squad.

He will probably be out of the NFL by the start of the 2018-19 season.

6. Young54

Young54 Starter

lol not true at all, but think what you want. If you rather have that 4th TE bum paving the way for our RBs, you and Mularkey can have that in common. If it wasn't for the posts above, I wouldn't even know his name. It wasn't worth googling.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Trey Burton could be this years Delanie Walker, but he wont be coming here while we still have Walker.

8. Fry

He went from starter to practice squad player. That should tell you all you need to know about the construction of this team.

I'd rather not have a TE or a FB paving the way for our RBs. This is 2018. You need to spread the formations out and create space. For the few situations and formations that require a lead blocker, find a defensive player, TE, whatever, to be effective.

9. Young54

Young54 Starter

Because how many teams use fullbacks? Off the top of my head, I can only think of Baltimore, Carolina, and Seattle as teams that are consistent FB users. The fact that he was picked up almost immediately, should tell you something. You can totally disagree with the strategy of having a FB. I get that, fine, but to say he wasn't a very good one, is inaccurate.

Also, for all of you guys that looooove the Shanahan and McDdaniels offenses... they both use fullbacks.

10. Fry

You're crying about a guy who struggled to get on the field for double digit snaps on offense and was benched because he was bad on special teams. Let it go.

The Patriots have used defensive players in the role as well.

The 49ers have a rare difference maker at FB. A guy who can catch the ball and run with it as well as block. Juszczyk caught 33 balls this year. Fowler caught six in three years.

Fowler was a 1970s FB that went with our 1970s offense and was a waste of a fourth round pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar