Tales from Mini-Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Mrs, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

This is why we drafted him, his versatility and ability to learn and play multiple positions. I highly doubt Griffin is a permanent CB fix, and will probably only play there sparingly if and when Jones returns.

2. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

One other thing to note....Griffin would be an excellent cover 2 CB. He wouldn't need straight man coverage skills to do that. He would need to be physical and push people into the middle of the field. Griffin could excel as such a CB, and I think using him at CB is a further sign that we are moving to a cover 2.

BTW, Jacob Ford is the perfect pass rush to play a cover 2 also...in fact, look at our defensive players chosen, and you will see some nice fits for moving to a cover 2.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Elfin.. just because AH might have taken a couple of snaps doesn't necessarily mean he'll be playing RB next reason. He's good at what he does and will be needed badly to help both our inexperienced young RBs get their yards.

Plus he could be of great assistance in catching and pounding every once in a while when least expected.

You don't take someone out of their position when you don't think you need him.. instead you identify his strengths, and take advantage of them by adding new pages to your offensive playbook.

4. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Schwartz: "Jeff, Mike...ya'll are gonna have to work on the defensive back situation...because I'm not putting more than 4 guys in the box."

Jeff: "OK"

Mike: "Sure thing dude!"

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Just when I decide to stop posting here and just give up, pictures of racoons show up in my thread and make me laugh. Although the picture with the racoon with the "hurt leg" wasn't as cute!

6. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

guys.....it just hit me, im seeing the light, our plan! i know what it is,

The Plan

Step 1-first we draft Pacman a guy with off the field issues, when fisher said he could contain him, he ment he could contain power, focus it toward the colts QB, Peyton "I HAVE A SUPERBOWL RING YAY!" Manning

Step 2- next year we draft Vince Young, to distract the Colts, make them think we are a team on the rise (dont get me wrong we still are) then when the time is right we hit them where it hurts.

Step 3-this year we draft Michael Griffin, a hard hitter on the field, could cause many injuries in his 1st season.

Step 4-to cap it all off, we send Pacman to a strip club, get him a 1 year suspension, now he will have plenty of free time, he can go to indy, get close to Peyton, take him out to the club, and teach him how to make it rain.

Step 5- if pacman fails, we go with "The Plan-B"
    Send in Griffin on a ALL out blitz from the corner side, (its simple, qiucker to the QB from corner, thats why we will play him there, and not at safety.)

Step 6 Final Step- then we use Vince young, to catipult us from 2nd Place to 1st Place in the division. Win the superbowl, and everyone is happy.

Thats the plan, mark my words. full proof, gj Mike Reinfielt

7. sounds good....

8. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

the only goof with your conspiracy theory is that Reinfelt wasen't there to draft neither pacman or VY..

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

ahh, but reese is in on it too, hes the mastermind, Reinfeilt is just his apprentice, kinda like Darth Vador, and the Emporer thing.

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

The thing is were going to completely remove Griffs instincts and habits of being a S. They said he always wants to come forward like he is still at S. So when he finally breaks this habitat and Pac comesback then we move him back to S. Then he has to get used to being a S again and coming forward it's like making him a rookie two years in a row. I completely disagree with taking a top S and making him play CB when we have a good CB on the roster (Finnegan) Hill has played at decently. We let our Defensive weak link stay out there who is LT and not put Griffin there our FIRST round pick.

Our Secondary would be much better with this.

CB-Harper
    CB-Finnegan
    NB-Smith (I think he would do very well there) Hill doesn't have the skills to be a NB.
    FS-Griffin
    SS-Hope

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar