Switching to Spread Formations Finally?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dangermode, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

So I'm sure most of you noticed, but the second half offense of last weekend's game looked NOTHING like Mularkey/Robiskie ball. Hardly any condensed formations (you know the ones where everyone piles up at the line and then our RBs try to somehow get through), no extra linemen, and most importantly... spread formations! The majority of the second half we were spread out in 11 personnel (3 wrs) with Mariota in shotgun. It's unbelievable how much more comfortable he looks in that alignment.

The result? Three straight touchdown drives and Derrick Henry finally had room to run.

Per MCM: "The Titans killed the Chiefs with a seemingly constant barrage of power read option runs out of spread formations which left Derrick Henry with massive alleys to run through."

Did someone finally tell Robiskie, it ain't working? Or did Mariota just decide to ignore the playcalling? Whatever it was, we've been wanting to see it all season and finally it happened. Can't wait to see if we stick with it this weekend against a porous run D in New England and a group of soft linebackers ready to get Henried!

• High Five High Five x 6
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thats how we're going to win this weeks game, show them 17 weeks of bull crap football then at the last second change it up

Mularkey is about to mind F*** the whole NFL and win a SB

• High Five High Five x 26
  3. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

that's exactly what I was praying would be the case...

Give the Patriots 16 weeks of glorified BLUES CLUES

and open the real playbook...

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

dont tease me like this

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

ESPN reported that Mariota called the whole of the 2nd half.

Commentators didn't go that far but definitely identified Mariota audibling a number of times, including for the Henry TD.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. JCBRAVE

^
    See

its happening

Mularkey was saving his best stuff for when it mattered most

7. JCBRAVE

Nate Burleson said on NFLN the Patriots should be worried about the Titans...

• High Five High Five x 8
  8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

5 wide

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

more than that.. let marcus call 4 quarters - not just 2...

• High Five High Five x 5
  10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

People can say what they want, but I really feel like Mariota has grown a lot this year.

Statically he’s regressed, but I actually think he’ll come out better because of all of this.

As far as the offense goes, I sure hope we come out in more spread formations. If we don’t it should be the final nail in Robiskie’s coffin (although I feel like he should be canned anyway).

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar