Post-Game Thread Steelers 40, Titans 17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrenalize74

Adrenalize74 Starter

I don' even know where to begin with this debacle. Soooooooo many bad things....playcalling, defensive scheme (as usual), dropped passes, terrible route running, poor blocking, and Mariota played by far the worst game of his career. Some of those passes were downright baffling!

This game was a statement alright, it's loud and clear that this coaching staff is incompetent.

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

As bad as that camera angle is for watching the entire game, I could see the lanes that Murray was missing all game. Not sure what his deal is. Henry also busts outside way too often.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. bupac

bupac Starter

I'm convinced he sucked because of that dumb ass fedora

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Pitt adjusted... to passing in front of our loose coverage.

We don't play tight coverage. 3 plays in a row to a player after a quick 4-6 yards out... coverage was no where near.

THAT'S why Pitt dropped 40+ on us.

Marcus had a bad game... but, frankly, no point in having him in in the 4th.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. bupac

bupac Starter

Henry doesn't get low enough to run between the tackles so he always takes it to the outside

6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I don't believe any one game says that much about an NFL team. A bad team can have a great week and crush a good opponent who is having a bad week, and vice versa.

I'm not saying we're a great team. But I think we are a decent team that will make the playoffs, with the potential to upset some folks, like we did to KC and GB last year, and Seattle/Jacksonville this year. Unfortunately that might be the ceiling with this coaching staff.

7. HurrayTitans!

We don't have the pass rush for that scheme.

8. Chad Guerra

Chad Guerra Starter

He's a good QB that's developing. We'd be 2-8 without Mariota right now.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What I find most disappointing is seeing our run game with the camera angle we got tonight. Murray didn't only look slow, he made a lot of poor reads when he had a seam (which wasn't often).

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

then he should only have designed runs to the outside to give him blockers. He continues to take runs from between the tackles and bounce outside. Good thing he has a good stiff arm or he would have had even more negative runs tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar