Post-Game Thread Steelers 40, Titans 17

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

On to next year. I didn't expect to be a world beater anyway but even our wins this year felt like losses as we struggled against the worst teams in the league.

I'm kind of indifferent anymore. As I'm always hopeful that we'll finally turn the corner and be good again I'm not surprised when we aren't. And bottom line, we aren't very good yet. We're not total trash like a couple of seasons ago but we're not good enough to really compete either. Just meh.

2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

We've squeaked by and got wins from some bad teams. In prime time tonight vs a good playoff caliber team we folded. Defense gassed in the 2nd half. MM8 with the worse game of his life, 4 ints! Inexcusable and he sucked tonight. Good in spots but you can't make so many mistakes, we're not good enough to overcome it.

We had a chance after the opening bomb and score by Rishard. But then our D did jack to stop them combined with MM8'S ints. Marcus has regressed this season, AAS better bring in some coaches to develop him next season.

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I blame those wussy color rush costumes.

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Dude, he's not a good QB. And Rothlessburger has 2 SB rings.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

So despite all the cliff jumpers, I'll give my somewhat positive take.

The first half, Mariota and his HC tried to get us blown out and the team kept fighting. Came out in the second half swinging and should have had back to back TD drives keeping it a 2 point game.

Don't know if the D was just gassed coming out of the half or if Pitt just made better adjustments then got gassed. I think Tennessee was really still in the game until they gave up the TD to go down by 20 early in the 4th.

We all knew Pit was good before the game, doesn't matter which good team it is, can't give them points whether by TO, dropped TD passes or bad scheming defensively.

Too me, this doesn't change much on my outlook to the year, they played tough and I think the route came with the frustrations at the end.

Mariota haters rejoice. 4 INT, 2 absolutely on him and 2 while knowing the pass was there and trying to force the comeback.

Mariota defenders rejoice. You have DW and that pathetic 2nd half D to also blame this game on.

6. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Do you guys like my new avatar?

7. Apcgamb24

Apcgamb24 Starter

After last season Mariota was trending towards elite. Now he has regressed and offensive coaching is awful. No one is on the same page. Just depressing.

8. bupac

bupac Starter

****** coaching + ****** qb play = extreme ****tiness

9. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

10. bupac

bupac Starter

Murray is washed up

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar