Stafon Johnson Waived..

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Obie09, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I thought you and he were the same person...

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not even close.

3. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

Fisher gets a lot of hate on this board but if there's one thing that people should generally respect about him, he's very loyal to his players and puts his own neck on the line at times for his players.

He gave Little a chance to make the squad a year ago after he tore an ACL, Johnson will get another chance next year.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

"First, the Stafon Johnson situation. Yes, the Titans waived/injured Johnson on Tuesday, but it’s not as cold-hearted as it sounds. Assuming Johnson clears NFL waivers, he’ll return to the Titans and spend this season rehabbing while on injured reserve. The idea is that the Titans still want to give Johnson another chance with the team next season."

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I like the pick-up of Gado, I'd rather have him than Pearman.

7. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

The problem isn't that you didn't know the rule, the problem is that your not knowing the rule led you to jump to the conclusion that the Titan's handled this poorly, and that they were going to screw over Stafon . . . Perhaps the better way to approach it is to pose a question. "Does this mean the Titans are screwing this kid over and just abandoning him? If so, that is messed up."

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He will without any doubt clear waivers because to pick him up means having a roster spot for him which nobody will do since he can't play for a long time.

After he clears waivers we can do whatever we want with him and that means IR i'm sure. He has a 2 year deal so if everything goes well he will get a chance to make the team next year.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

As far as who will make the team as our #3 RB i think Pearman is in trouble since Mariani has been looking good on returns making pearman's services obsolete.

All defends i guess on how motivated Gato is and if he is already in shape to play.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Gato will have a shot but I'm sure MR is keeping an eye on a number of other backs currently on other rosters that could end up getting cut including Ganther.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar