Somebody Needs To Say It: The NHL Is More Physical Than The NFL

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Daves not here, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I don't necessarily agree with the NHL being more physical than the NFL although it has its moments.

I really dislike some of the newer rules installed like the Brady rule. It's getting to the point that a defender is going to have to see and hit the QB in a precise manner in order to aviod a flag. You can only hit a QB above the knees and below the head. It's a slippery slope they're on and I hope it doesn't get taken any further.

These rules that have been implemented over the last couple years have been geared towards making it a more offensive game. Personally I liked it the way it was. Most "safety" rules I can agree with but it's getting to the point of being ridiculous.

3. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

while I am not a huge fan of some of the new NFL rules, NHL is not a more physical game. Skating is very tiring, it's a lot more than simply gliding around, and the speed of collisions tends to be higher, but the frequency isn't there. It's a lot of passing, keep away, puck placement for shot... it's a lot more about posturing for the score than NFL is. NFL is down after down, set 'em up, knock 'em down... I don't know, that's just my opinion. For what it's worth I have seen hockey in person just a few rows back from the glass.

5. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am not sure I am buying this argument. Not many NFL players that get their teeth literally knocked back in their mouth that go into the locker room, get them reset and come out playing the rest of the game...and giving/taking hits while doing so.

Erat took a shot to the leg Sunday afternoon and now its broken and he is out. These guys not only hit each other like crazy, but do it while skating and lay down and block 80+ mph pucks with their legs, feet, etc. And they do this 82 times a year PLUS playoffs.

I have sat close to the glass on a few occasions and I am amazed that these guys can get up and walk the next day much less play another game.

I am not sure I would say either is more physical than the other because the games are so different, but I can say this without question...

Soccer players are the biggest wussies in the athletic world. Trip one of those guys up and you would think a sniper had hit em.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. DCMobInc

DCMobInc R.I.P Air McNair #9

If were debating which sport is more physical, then I would give the edge to the NFL.

These guys are flying around and hitting each other every chance they get.

If were debating which sport as the tougher players, I would give the edge to the NHL.

Hockey players are tough as nails as Laser Jock stated. However I still think that the NFL is the more physical of the two sports.

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Imagine how brutal the NFL would be if face masks were not mandatory and seldom worn.

I bet it would cut down on the spearing, helmet to helmet stuff... :ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I actually agree that the NHL is more physical. And I'm not a hockey fan at all. But they do have the better hits, and more of them.

go to a hockey game and you'll be coming out of your seat every minute or so due to the cross checking and all.
    At a football game? Maybe once a game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar