So who do you think should replace Fisher?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

The NFL has passed by Bill Cowher. He will come back and fail just like Joe Gibbs.

2. TitansownzU

TitansownzU Camp Fodder

Fisher should stay

No one should replace Fisher he isn't the problem. Anyone who knows Football even in the slightest manner should be able to conclude that Vince Young is the problem. Many will argue that the game has passed Fisher by, but as I believe and many others believe, you don't just wake up one day and forget how to coach. To me the only logical move for Bud Adams is to let Fisher stay for the final year of his contract, and then go from there.

If Fisher absolutely HAS to go then my first candidate for Coach has to be Jon Gruden. Then man knows his X's and O's and he dosen't accept mediocrity. Either way I believe Vince is to be Traded/Waived/Cut in that order. He has clearly shown that he is not capable of leading by example or any other means. If this team had drafted Jay Cutler in 2006 this team may have already made Championship history, but I'm not going to bore you to death with a bunch of Hindsight.

If the Titans do indeed dismiss Vince Young then I firmly believe it would be prudent to draft up and snag Andrew Luck should he declare for the coming Draft. If not, stay put and see if Mallett is available. I've been watching game highlights, listening to interviews, and I believe that they are the two that are worth drafting in the first round.

Anyways, that is my take on it. Take it with a grain....

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

IF Fisher gets moofed, I think a nice dark horse candidate as a replacement would be Bears special teams coach Dave Toub.

[​IMG]

Toub is a detail oriented workaholic. He's never been a head coach at any level, but has been coaching both collegiately and professionally since 1989. John Harbaugh's success in Baltimore illustrates that the leap from special teams coach to first time head coach isn't impossible.

former boss Andy Reid on special teams coaches and Toub specifically

Doubt this happens, but I'd much prefer Toub to any of the big names being thrown around.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Stop asking questions and provide your own answers as to why you want a guy with a 5-27 record as our coach.

The season before Morninghweg took over the Lions were 9-7. Why did i choose 4 seasons? Because that was the time the previous coach was there. The 3 years after Morninghweg was the time his successor was there. I did't cherry pick any numbers. Bobby Ross won 7.75 games a year on average and Morninghweg 2.5 games a year. Is that good to you?

It's called research, the internet? There are several websites that will provide you with those answers so next time you won't be so humiliated.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Spot on.:rolleyes:

Fisher forgot how to coach when McNair,George,Wycheck,Mason faded away or moved on.

6. BabyBlue#9

BabyBlue#9 Camp Fodder

Someone that won't wait until week 15 to realize you have a bad defense and need to use your offensive power.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Two words... Les Steckel... or you can color me gone.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

How is Fisher not the problem? He's been here for about 17 years and how many super bowl rings do we have? The farthest we could get was the super bowl and a couple rounds into the playoffs with our best teams so how can we get back with the group of players we have now? You can't blame the GM or the rest of the front office because Fisher was here and made a call for all the players on the roster.

Fisher can't or won't change, Fisherball is here to stay. If the Titans are happy winning 6-10 games a year then that's fine but no one should be happy with that. Fisher has had enough chances with this team. He handled McNair wrong locking him out now he's done the same thing with Vince. We need to start fresh with a new coach and QB.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

<----- Will coach the Titans for food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar