So...who are we taking in 2020???

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Gut, May 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Worse than that, hes not even that great now

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Carp

Carp Starter

Mariota will determine our 2020 draft most likely. Though honestly, if he craps the bed, I'd go full rebuild and suck for Trevor Lawrence in the 2021 draft who is gonna set the NFL on absolute fire. Aaron Rodgers/Andrew Luck type of talent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

Sure he is

We thought the same about Mary after he had 50+ TDs in 2014

Never tank

4. Carp

Carp Starter

I never thought that about Mary (though I liked him considerably more than Winston and his baggage). Lawrence makes every throw on the field and has amazing anticipation. And he also is mobile when he needs to be.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yeah, I was on the OJ Howard train because we were playing so many multiple TE sets to make it worth it. So it'll be interesting to see with so many good wr talent now...if we do what the Rams do and make 11 personel our base formation. If yes, we'll see how Delanie and Johnnu look this season and go from there.

Obviously if we need a new QB that will trump everything, but if not, we'll have an overly experienced Walker, Wake, Casey's getting up there, Woodyard, Jones and Conklin are on one year left as is Ryan and a few others so...if not replacing Mariota, we may need to replace some people with our 2020 draft. We have already stocked up some positions too. All things being equal, another pass rusher, TE, and OC to eventually replace Wake, Walker, and Jones.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Thanks! Nice breakdown!

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Of course, but we have time to shoot the breeze...

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Guard rather than C? Saffolds will hold down LG and they are hopong Davis will be the eventual starter at RG...but Jones only has this year left on his contract I think.

9. JCBRAVE

dont mind hammer

he doesnt really want a Guard

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I haven't seen enough of Sims to think he's gonna be as good as Ryan. Plus, we play Ryan in the slot a lot and think Sims is mostly an outside guy. It would not surprise me if they think Hooker MIGHT be able to fill a nickel role in 2020...assuming he's as good as we think he is.

If the difference is $10mil/yr for Ryan or 6+mil/yr for Sims, I'll pay the extra 4mil.

But we are starting to enter the phase where we need to develop 3rd-5th round picks into cheap starters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar