Shoutbox to close

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TitanJeff, Jan 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

As many of you have heard, the Shoutbox add-on we use is no longer supported. In order for it to work, the host is using some old tech to keep it running.

We have no choice but to update some server software very soon which means Shoutbox will be no more after the Super Bowl.

This offseason, I have a decision to make as to whether or not we do a complete upgrade of everything which means a few new features but the loss of some old ones. It’ll mean a new design as well. I hope to have an estimate of the time and cost to do this in the next few weeks so I can make the decision to rebuild or continue to ride things out as is until it all stops working.

New chat options for the updated forum software may be available but I’ve not researched it yet.

When we were unsure we could get Shoutbox back before, setting up a Discord channel was discussed and I could add a link to it on the menu menu. It would not be anything affiliated with goTitans so someone would need to set it up and manage it however they see fit.

PM me if someone makes this happen and I’ll add the link.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar