Should've Picked Up A Solid Veteran WR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I think we should've picked up a solid veteran wide receiver.Maybe either Mason or Cotchery.With Britt's injury history and our core of receivers not exactly inspiring after Britt with Washington,Williams,Hawkins,Gage,Mariani,Curtis??etc.

I'm wondering if in the end we pick up someone after all the final cuts are made because there is bound to be a team with too many good receivers and a few don't make it due to roster limitations.

Anyone agree we could really use one more solid receiver?

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Although, I would have liked to see the Titans sign Mase, our track record with signing solid veteran WR's and have them do well for us is awful. Maybe we can find a diamond in the rough with players that have been cut these past few days.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Mardy Gilyard just got cut by the Rams.Should be some more receivers being cut if we watch the wire.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

a good enough qb can make wr's better. look what manning does every year with the rookies. even Blair White looks good with peyton manning.

5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I completely disagree. You don't need a vet WR with a vet QB like Hasselbeck. Give the young guys a chance to develop for one.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Maybe having both Dallas Clark and Reggie Wayne helps these rookies get open no? How did Peyton do without Clark? Not so hot......you need talent at the wide receiver position PERIOD.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'll say again, it's time to find out if we have any legit #1 or #2 WRs on this team and not just a bunch of #3 and #4s... the only way to do that is to let them play, so I'm glad we are rolling with what we got.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

dude TE Tamme did great last year, if he could get another year with Peyton he would be a top 5 TE.

Garcon is another product of Peyton. Peyton can plug these guys in. Britt would make the HOF with Peyton.

9. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Garcon is the product of having Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark dictating the coverage.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah I'm sure Peyton has nothing to do with it :sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar