Should we root for a Jags win or Titans loss?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Dec 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Hear me out. A Jags win or Titans loss might actually be a good thing for us today.

Our game against the Rams is today is practically meaningless in the WC race. We will probably still have to beat the Jags week 17 in order to get in whether we beat Rams or not (bills hold a tie breaker over us in the scenario we beat the Rams and lose to the jags, and they lose to the Pats but beat mia)

The only way today's game holds any meaning is if the Jags were to lose today and we win, then week 17 would be for the AFCS title ...

However in that case, it would also make week 17 against the jags a playoffs or go home scenario for us, and if Jags haven't clinched the Div at that point they would be playing their starters.

So if we lose, or if Jags win, then Jags are likely resting players week17 as they have clinched the AFCS, making our game much easier against them.

And we will likely have to win week 17 in any scenario to get in

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Lol

Just like a mularkey YOU WANT the easy way in

WELL YOU AINT GETTING IT CHUMP

We losing out even if we play Jax b team half the game

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. titanfanatic

titanfanatic I Piss Excellence Staff

Put the standings aside,you don’t think beating arguably one of the best teams in football today will help this team going forward ?

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

The Jags aren't going to lay down and let a division rival walk into the playoffs anyway.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Nope

Mularkey wouldn probably say “look we beat the rams!!!” And aas would be all ooooh aaaah and extend his lame duck ass. Hurting the team immensely going forward

6. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

F the Jags and F the Rams.

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

We root for a Titans win and a Jags loss today.

Case closed.

• High Five High Five x 8
  8. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I'm rooting for a glazed ham and eggnog, at least I won't be disappointed :D

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

Damn right! Don't care how much I want Mularkey fired. I will never root for this team to lose or a division rival to win.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Rooting for next week to be for division. A home playoff game would be great but when Jax takes a big giant s**t on mualarkey and friends next week anyway, this hindsight conversation will mean about as much as our preseason hopes of getting to the post season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar