Should the Titans trade up

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Ugadawg86, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

i am hoping someone else knows, it was mentioned on Walter Football but they did not give specifics.

and injuries are not the only red flags that can show up on a combine medical

also, tight hammy after running 40 yards? that is not the best sign.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Vander Each or Evans would be good picks at 25. This class is to deep at LB to make me think that trading up is a good idea.

3. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Vander Esch would be a good selection. He's got the size and athleticism to match up with TEs.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The downside is that he's raw but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious with what Vrabel and Co could do with his rediculess athletiscm. He's either gonna be a superstar or bust IMO.

5. Young54

Young54 Starter

I’d trust Vrabel’s and Pees’ judgements here. If they believe Smith is worth it, and JRob agrees, go for it. I’d jump on the hype train. Dude looks like a beast. Although the last two ILBs I liked this much were Luke Kuechly and Manti Teo. So... coinflip.

I’d also trade up for Derwin James in a heartbeat if he drops within reach. We passed on Ramsey. Let’s get the newer model that plays Safety.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I've been thinking about this a lot since free agency started. If there is a year where it makes sense to trade up, it's this year. This is no longer the days of Whisenhunt when we need like 7 rookies to come in and contribute. We are solid at almost every position, but need difference makers now that we have depth.

I like Roquan Smith, but I like Tremaine Edmunds more. I know the combine 40 times don't show it, but Edmunds plays faster than Smith and is bigger. Edmunds is really long 6'5, 250 and we could even play him at OLB on passing situations and let him rush the QB. He hits people like a ton of bricks and has some of the best closing speed I've ever seen. He is also great in coverage, something we've been needing for years. He and Vea are my two draft crushes and either one would be perfect for Pea's defense and would be immediate difference makers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Even Rich Eisen doesn't pull a hammy running 40 yds

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

We don't have many needs so it's possible but we only have 6 picks to begin with

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Our roster is to the point where I’d rather have one stud than several average guys.

If vea is there around the 15 pick, if love to see us come up and get him. I think he could make our defense a force for years to come.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  10. GoodCat

GoodCat Starter

I’d say if Vea, Derwin James or Edmunds slips to 15 you start to think about going up and getting one of them. Jumping from 25 to 15 could cost quite a bit though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar