Should the NFL punish teams or players and their agents for tampering???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Psychop1, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoop

Scoop Practice Squad Thuggin'

To me, the tampering team and the agent involved should all be punished in some form.

It seems fair to determine the compensatory pick tied to the player in question and take it away from the team that committed the tampering. Then, reward the team that lost the player with that pick, in addition to the normal compensatory selection from the league.

If you start taking 3rd and 4th round picks from teams, we might be surprised by how slow Free Agency starts.

For the agent, fine or suspend them... possibly both. In the end, the negotiations would go nowhere if the agent refused to talk.

Both parties are guilty.

2. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

A couple of years in prison for all concerned would stop this type of thing in its tracks. That or a firing squad.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

You can't trust the agents, so you have to police the teams. The only other option is to ban agents who have any sort of infraction. However, that way, you quickly lose 2/3 of the experienced agents...

Definitely should be an option for both, but I'm going with the teams...

4. Scoop

Scoop Practice Squad Thuggin'

:rotfl:

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

ill be repetitive by also saying both. both parties involved in such actions and therefore both should be punished accordingly

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see how the NFL can shut down agents but they sure can their teams. Take away some picks and this stuff will end quickly.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Just give us a 3rd round for him i'll be happy. And prolly a 3rd-4th in comp. pick.

How bout they pay us a 10th of his salary. That would be some nice change with a 100mil. contract.

8. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

Start licensing the agents, then fine/suspend/torture them.

9. KC_Titan

KC_Titan Starter

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The agents are licensed. There's a test, a fee, and a training class. They can be suspended. I don't know if they fine them. It's an issue of enforcement, not having rules or a system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar