Should iPods be banned from the sidelines in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by World Peace, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'm not really a prohibitionist to per say, and I'm not even a twitter-er, but who wouldn't go read what their fav NFL player just said on twitter during commercials? I just think the NFL needs a consistent policy, even tho some are okay with the status quo.

2. Fanof49ASU

Fanof49ASU Camp Fodder

If I were a coach, I'd ban it from my sidelines to keep my players focused.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I am such a proponent of the coachlear implant ( ipod ) as a motivational device I think it should be allowed ON the field, in football, basketball, baseball, and soccer.

It can motivate you
    It can make you forget about pain
    It can make you forget about stamina

Greatest workout device ever. It would definately enhance play on the field.

As far as twittering during a game. It would probably help future players understand the game better. I'm totally ok with the pod.

Sure. Some people would abuse it. But they won't last long in the NFL if they do. There are players now who can't focus.

The Patriots would use it to photo the D.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They should also ban etch-a-sketches. Those things might distract someone if someone ever brought one out on the field.

Also, what if Tony Brown made this amazing drawing, and then KVB came up to him and shook him to get him excited, but it just erased his drawing, and then he got sad, and then he got mad at KVB.

So you can see why this is a vital issue that could tear teams apart and must be addressed.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I'm really glad you are coming around on this issue. These teams try to skirt the Sharpie rule by bustin out the etchasketch.

How many Jags fans does it take operate an etchasketch?

One

Good luck finding a jags fan.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO each team should decide what they want to do. There is no reason for a player to even have stuff like that with them during a game IMO but each head coach should decide how he wants to handle things.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I went to high school with a girl who moved to Jacksonville to work for the Jags PR department. Super nice girl.

I would love to say things like that to her, but it would be a little bit of a low blow I would think. We should've hung out more.. my allegiance can be bought, if the price is right I suppose.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Since God told me last night.:wink2:

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Chad Johnson could use a ipod touch to get on twitter.

10. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Chad is an idiot,instead of announcing it to the whole world that he was going to start twittering during the games or what ever the hell you call it,he should of just gone ahead and done it. He could of probably gotten away with it for a few games before getting caught but now they're going to be watching everything he does on the sidelines. I dont know why Chad is so obsessed with entertaining the public so much,sometimes he just goes overboard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar