Salisbury ranks Titans offseason the worst

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jfrancis04, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfrancis04

jfrancis04 AKA jonboy_the_titan

During the later part of the draft today Sean Salisbury said the Titans had without a doubt the worst offseason, calling it "abysmal." Man...things are sure looking bleak for the Titans.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

why? because overpaid guys who know slightly more than me and you said our season was terrible.

we may as well just pack it up, ESPN has spoken. :rolleyes:

3. texdude2006

texdude2006 Guest

yeah and USC was the greatest football team ever, according to ESPN, until VY whipped their ***

4. jfrancis04

I don't think that at all, but if you look at strictly the offseason...we haven't done a very good job. I will never say the Titans will have a terrible year b/c I have faith in Vince Young...the guy just wins. Vince will make these new guys around him better. All I'm saying is that we could have done a much better job to help him and the rest of our quality players.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

based on what? No one knows how good or bad the guys we got will be.

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

exactly

as i said im my last post in the thread about kiper saying we had a bad draft

" Just cuz you dont know the guys we took dosent mean its a bad draft.

Who cares if someone calls us a loser. Weve been called losers for a long time and we always proove people wrong.

Wait and see how these guys will pan out.

Sitting here complaining is idiotic. im tired of having a losing feeling.

Just sit back and wait. These guys will turn out fine and it'll be just like last year. Surprising everyone.

If I call you a loser are you going to sit there and agree with it? Or are you going to try and proove me wrong and show me that your not a loser?

We are fine.

Forget "grades"
    Forget "experts"

We dont need that. Were fine. Good Draft"

7. jfrancis04

Based on what we did with free agency and the draft. Our best FA pickup was Nick Harper. A good pickup, but he will not be quite as good as Pacman.

We didn't address our top needs in the first 2 rounds. You can't expect to replace Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade with Justin Gage and a plethora of late draft picks.

Griffin was a good pick and will likely do a good job for us replacing LT.

The RB situation is a big gamble. We could turn out really lucky if Henry and White play up to their potential. Or we could end up with a very poor running game no where close to last year. Can a second year player and a rookie replace what T. Henry did last yr? Time will tell.

DE is another issue. KVB will face the double teams again this year with no big threat coming from the other side.

All in all, I felt this was an offseason that could put us into the playoffs; however, we have taken a step back. That's not saying it can't be done, I just think it will be much more difficult this time around. There's still a lot of time left so maybe the Titans will surprise us with a big trade or something...hey I can hope.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This is all I need to quote to tell you my stance on this off-season and draft.

No one knows how good or bad they will be, time will tell, until then there is no point in worrying what ESPN says.

9. Haynesworth92

Haynesworth92 Fat Albert

Our offseason was a lot worse just because we lost Pacman, which was just an unfortunate situation. Hopefully Harper can fill in well. I still think we should've spent a higher pick on a DE though.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I don't even think we need another DE, but I am a huge proponent of BPA. Charles Johnson was a stud and he mercifully dropped to us in the 3rd round, but it looks like at that point our dear GM had already screwed the pooch on a need area so he decided to fill it before the next tier of WR's were all that was left.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar