Game Day Thread Saints @ Titans GDT

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

It wasn’t that close.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Both KY and TitanMark have kind of absurd takes.

We have the best record in the AFC and are tied for best in the league. We are 7-0 against last year's playoff teams. Pass rush is looking dominant, Kristian Fulton looks like a CB1, and we swarm to the ball. The team clearly loves playing with each other and all kinds of dudes step up. And they never quit. We shouldn't be counted out of any game. And our schedule looks like a 13-4'ish season.

But yeah. Injuries are overwhelming. We can't run the ball. AP looks impressive while running into a giant pile. We need more consistency from AJ Brown. Tammy looks much worse than he has looked the past 2 years. We get more penalties. We have trouble covering underneath stuff and don't have guys that can run across the field with speed receivers. And we could get knocked off any given week.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Thankfully, Marcus Johnson stepped up big as Brown was getting doubled teamed the whole game and WEI made the catches thrown his way. We have got to figure out who to get more out of the running game. As Stever said, AP was just running into piles for most of his touches. Foreman should be the lead back from here on out. Let AP do the short and goal runs. Something I would like to tell Downing....please for the love of God quit with the WR screens. We have ALWAYS sucked at them and get blown up for losses.

A hat tip to the defense. They are main the reason we are winning games right now. Not sure what happened to Chris Jackson yesterday though.

Can't believe Boger didn't find a way to make sure we lost.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

When you don’t have time every NFL QB looks bad. When receivers drop your passes especially perfectly thrown TD passes in the end zone you look bad. Tannehill isn’t the issue. But his numbers are down. I’m not sure it’s specifically him. The Oline has been bad at times. When Tannehill has time he is very good. AJ Brown looks off. AP looks old. Foreman should be getting all the carry’s.

I agree with most of what you said but I’m not sure we can get knocked off any given week. Why haven’t we? How the hell did we beat the snot out of the Rams? That should have been the week if any week.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

When you don’t have time every NFL QB looks bad. When receivers drop your passes especially perfectly thrown TD passes in the end zone you look bad. Tannehill isn’t the issue. But his numbers are down. I’m not sure it’s specifically him. The Oline has been bad at times. When Tannehill has time he is very good. AJ Brown looks off. AP looks old. Foreman should be getting all the carry’s.

I agree with most of what you said but I’m not sure we can get knocked off any given week. Why haven’t we? How the hell did we beat the snot out of the Rams? That should have been the week if any week.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Byard actually got screwed on two calls against him. So officiating works both ways.

That is now two games in a row where the running game simply needs to be a little better. Was good we got Foreman involved on some passes that really helped. McNichols is good in his roll as a 3rd down passing RB but just goes down too easy between the tackles. They let Sargent get away and I'm not sure he isn't better than all these guys (which isn't saying much).

Lewan leaves the game and Lamm immediately gets prison raped. Then Lewan gets the same treatment after he comes back. The OL has to play better. Tannehill not getting time and we are not getting push back in the running game. Just shows how great Henry is with his agility and vision because these other guys are missing some opportunities.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar