Ryan done for season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

This sucks going into the stretch with must win games ahead of us.
    \
    Sims has been decent when called upon but when we're facing Luck in the season finale I'd feel a whole lot better with Ryan on the field. Hopefully Sims will rise to occasion!

2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Terrible news, but I hope Logan comes back stronger. He's been good for us. I hope Simms can step up. Who's out there for Jrobd to bring in for depth?

3. nytitaner

nytitaner Starter

Sims gotta come out and ball . Ryan is such a solid all around defender because of his instincts and football IQ . Tough to replace.

4. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Really unfortunate, he was playing really well this yet. Better than last year IMO. This is Sims opportunity.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Adversity allows you to rise up. If we are hoping to be a playoff team...next man up.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Did you mix these up? Nickel covers slot right?

7. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

The Nickel just refers to the personnel group on the field. Base is 4 defensive backs (2 corners, 2 safeties), Nickel is 5, Dime is 6. Slot is the actual position.

When we're in base I assume that it would be Butler and Jackson at CB. Previously when we went to Nickel, Ryan had been playing inside (although Butler has played there some this year too) and was very effective there.

But now with this injury, I would expect Butler to play inside over the slot because Sims is much more of an outside CB and never played the slot, whereas Butler actually is decent there.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Coach Vrabel is that you?

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar