Rumor Rivers retires...here comes Wentz

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Had the Colts had Stafford last year, they are a better team. If Stafford started for them against the Bills, I'm pretty sure the Colts would've won that game. There were throws Rivers just couldn't complete, but Stafford would've hit with ease.

The Colts could give the Lions a 1st or 2nd rounder to get Stafford. (what 1st or 2nd rounder would be better than Stafford). It's only about contract restructure when it comes to Stafford. It's not like they are forfeiting the whole Colts team to get Stafford.

The NFL is all about that 3 or 4 year window. The Colts are built to win now. So getting Stafford is their best bet right now.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Delco78

Delco78 Starter

We will just have to disagree and wait to see what they do

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Gotta wait for the combine before labeling the tiers I think. Every year there's always 1-2 QBs that sneak up the list way higher than they should and we know multiple teams are willing to jump way high for a QB.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

I'd have to think that Brissett understands that he isn't a starter. He's been benched twice behind Rivers and Luck.
    Since he's a FA, maybe he looks elsewhere, but I think he'll be happy getting signed and with the comfort of Indy (plus they've shown some faith in him as a backup at least) that he'd be happiest just to re-sign with them.

5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Nobody ever thinks it’s on them. I’m sure he thinks the Colts staff are dopes to bench him.

6. HurrayTitans!

Not that anyone just accepts being a backup and not playing for a starting job BUT yes, I think players (QBs specifically) know when they are being brought in as a backup or when they are not seen as a starter.
    I absolutely think it's possible that Brissett looks elsewhere for a possible starting gig but I think he may still have a shot in Indy since Rivers retired.

My opinion is that his situation in Indy was pretty good and he knows the team. Since I don't see him getting signed anywhere as a starter (or really to even compete for a starter position) that he sees Eason as the only other QB on the roster. Don't blame him for waiting on trade possibilities (other QB's, not him), but I see Brissett re-signing with Indy as the backup.

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

You are certainly correct that people know when they are brought in as a back-up. But, when Luck retired and he took over, I believe he felt/feels “I can do this”. I bet IF he gets an opportunity elsewhere he takes it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

We agree, I just don't think the opportunity happens.

I do think if Indy ends up trading for another QB (Ryan, Stafford, Watson, whoever) that Brissett is more likely to sign elsewhere.
    EDIT: Not signing elsewhere as a starter or even open competition but because Indy will already have the new QB and Eason.

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I also think Brissett may be a better option for The Colts now than Eason. They know Brissett can manage a game, they do not know that yet about Eason. It always comes down to opportunity.

10. HurrayTitans!

They also have a lot of the same team over the past couple years that he played with before, add upgrades at RB at least.
    That D will probably keep them competitive no matter who the QB is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar