Report: MM8 More Injured in 2018 Than Advertised

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Mar 26, 2019.

?
  1. More impressed.

22.5%
  2. More concerned.

28.8%
  3. Both.

31.3%
  4. Neither (my opinion remains the same as before this news).

17.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Does your blind love for Mariota always make you say stupid things?

Brady did get hit, once. He missed 15 games and the great Cassel still got them to 11-5. So not only does Brady release the ball much faster, his line has been solid to prevent hits. And even in the rare occasion he gets hit hard enough that he’s injured, the league creates rules to prevent it from happening again.

Bottom line, Mariota is no where near a tom Brady. Not in play, career, abilities, and not even injuries.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think tagged is a very real possibility if the Titans want to keep him because I doubt he'd receive a deal before playing out the season.

The tag happens the first week in March. If the Titans were to play in January, there won't be a lot done to sign Marcus to a long-term deal before that tag date beyond some preliminary stuff with his agent.

I think they'd tag him and work the long-term deal during the summer to get the cap hit manageable.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

this news doesnt change anything.

besides the fact that everyone swore he was soft for "not playing through a life threatening injury" and "don't ever compare him to McNair because McNair played through multiple injuries"

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Life threatening?

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Neck transplant

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

So he has to become Ryan Tannehill? Why don't we just start him, since he can consistently hit those numbers when healthy?

• Boring Boring x 2
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  7. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

would consider paralyzation a long-term life threatening injury.

• LOL LOL x 2
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Well I did write “minimum requirements”. That’s not to mean I’d be happy staying there but that should be good enough if he could do that every season, that’s at least close to starter material.

Plus tannehill averages a little less than that. He’s around 3200, 20 and 17 TO per year. Plus we could go back into the “garbage time” argument.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

You’re funny man!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

People here love garbage time stats. At the end of the day, their analysis goes no further than “how many fantasy points did he get today?”

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar