Reese article on GM/coach relationships

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Gloat...seriously...do you ever think before you post? You claim every pick we've made in the past 2 drafts has been a reach. How the hell do you know that? How do you know that the current players are baffled with the picks? The only legitimate reach we've made has been Chris Henry, and even with him, no one is 100% positive that he was a reach.

Get off the "I want the Titans players and personnel to fail so I can say 'I told you so'" bandwagon. Give our PLAYOFF team and its personnel a chance. The negativity about everything Titans on this board is really annoying.

You haven't bashed Mike Williams in a while...you might want to troll over to that thread and bash him for good measure. If he gets cut, at least you'll be able to say "Guys, I was right, I told you he was a bum. I'm awesome. Can someone rep me?" Or maybe you can join the "Chris Johnson is a bust because Trung Canidate was" coalition. Even though the guy doesn't even have his official number yet. Seems pretty fair and logical to me.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

griff was projected to go in round 2. He was the 3rd ranked safety. And then if you factor that we tried to make him a corner, it's even more screwed.

Ubiq - Nice caps on the word "Playoffs". Because that somehow makes a difference, right? I'm not bashing the players picked, I'm bashing the PICKS. If you can understand that, continue. If not, just end it here.

Alex - You can't blame a GM for a players off-field actions. No GM knows how a player will handle fame, money, etc. However, he did know that he'd be better than Antrelle Rolle and that's something most other people didn't see.

Would you consider Albert Haynesworth a bad pick? He's terrible off the field (and sometimes on the field - face stomp). Just as bad as Pacman actually, just has been more lucky.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

according to who?

i'll admit, i wanted nelson over griffin at the time, but i'm happy with the selection now, especially considering he outplayed both nelson and meriweather.

and even if he was the third ranked S, four went within the first 24 picks, so he would not have been there. i don't see why that is so hard to comprehend.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I don't know why we are debating griffin he looks like he is going to have a fantastic career. Gloat says he was the third ranked safety but obviously MR didn't think so. Merriweather had some character issues so there is no way they would have taken him 17th.

The griffin pick was bold. They saw an athlete they really liked and got him and it is going to prove a good move. Of course the CJ pick was also bold and i disagree with that.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I think stevens was the pick of the draft. Many have considered stevens to be a hartsock guy who is just a good blocker but stevens is faster than dallas clark and jason witten based on his combine 40 time. He ran a 4.59 when they ran 4.65. Stevens is a high character guy who was a leader on that team and a great student at cal.

I don't now if there is a TE in the draft definitively better and we got him in the third..

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

When it comes to judging the draft pick, you have to go on what actually happened. And what actually happened was one good year out of Pac, and now he isn't on the team anymore. That's a bad draft pick, regardless of the reasons behind it.

Hmm, kind of actually. I'd rather had John Henderson but he went before us. And Haynesworth was incredibly dominant last season, but other than that, mediocre.

He hasn't been as bad as Pacman though, imo.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think Gloat's been off base in points here, but your post is worse imo.

I'm much more tired of fans here telling other fans they aren't allowed to have a negative opinion on the GM, Coach, players, or franchise in general.

Yet it's ok for people to say Chris Johnson will be the next RoY. That our draft makes perfect sense. That Hayes was a steal in the 4th round. That Craig Stevens is the next Jason Witten.

Hell, it's even ok to bash supporters of Lendale White it seems, which really doesn't make sense.

dumb double standards.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If your expectations are that a first or second round pick only give you a season of decent play, then Reese is your man.

And you think the Pacman pick worked out okay for the Titans? Okay.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

It's pretty good to declare a draft boom or bust, just 13 months past. It requires skills.
    Gloat, you should be a hired as an expert on national TV.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wow, so many things to disagree with...

Gloat is totally on here. We shouldn't have reached for Griffin, he hasn't been worth it at all. We should have picked someone that Reese would have picked, like those great past picks of Woolfolk and Calico... Antonio Johnson was also clearly a reach, we should have seen his injury coming. (Yes, Gloat even has the talent evaluation skills to mock 6th round picks, his knowledge is that deep) Pacman was clearly a great pick, we got a lot out of him last season.

Man, it's hard sifting through that many layers of B.S...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar