Re-sign CD or let him walk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurrayTitans!, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Had we known Adoree was not going to play, we may have been better giving the 5th option to Davis. But thats water under the bridge, I think he will move on for more money. We have to be thinking about keeping AJ Brown in 2 years, he is a star in the making.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Buddy Jimmy Graham just got a two year deal at 8 million/year. If you think jonnu isn't getting paid this off-season I don't know what to tell you. Jonnu will get paid handsomely and deserve every penny of it.

3. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Isnt CDs option like 15mil or something? No way in hell would I want us paying CD 15mil, if thats the case.

4. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

CD is a Free agent. No option. It was declined. I think they will sign CD, Smith and Brown. Robinson will figure it out,

Maybe some of you are now understanding why we traded Casey.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

More power to him if that happens. Let someone else overpay him. Tight end is probably the deepest position on this team.

Anthony Firkser is on pace for the typical Jonnu Smith season. I like Jonnu a lot. He’s replaceable though.

#35 Fry, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Deep=\=good. Jonnu Smith is a needle mover, no other tight end on the team is. I'd even argue that behind kelce & kittle (when he's healthy) jonnu is the biggest impact maker at the tight end position in the nfl right now. I hope he sneaks through the cracks and we sign him for cheap, but I don't see it.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He might be. There is a significant drop off after those two and big pack behind them.

Hunter Henry, Darren Waller, TJ Hockenson, Jonnu Smith, Hayden Hurst, and Mark Andrews all have the right to make that claim.

At best he’s the #3 tight end in the league. At worst he’s #8. Is the difference between 3 and 8 significant enough for us to break the bank though?

8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I get what you're saying an I agree, although I think hock, jonnu, and waller are the true second tier here with the rest a step below them. Maybe breaking the bank isn't worth it, but if it's CD or jonnu give me jonnu 10/10 times.

9. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Now that I agree with, if given the choice between signing Smith or Davis I want Smith. There will be a ton of WRs on the market. I actually think we should look at Will Fuller if we lose Davis. But he may be too expensive as well. But to have that speed would be awesome.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I mean with no Beasley/clowney we should have some cash to throw at him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar