Rank'em!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Duece at it again :ha::ha::ha:

In a thread he himself started he listed Stanzi as the best QB prospect and now Stanzi can't make his top 5.

Christian Ponder best QB in the whole draft?:rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm amazed how many of you are rating Bowers so high.

Are any of you aware that he has arthritic knees and just had the worst possible surgery for a football player; micro-fracture surgery?

He had an awful workout on top of that. His stock if falling like crazy, I bet he goes somewhere in the 20's or the bottom of the 1st.

Aldon Smith is now, clearly, the 2nd best DE in the draft behind Quinn. But Aldon Smith is clean off the field, so he may be a notch above Quinn on some draft boards.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I've seen VERY mixed reports on Bowers knee. I've seen anywhere from saying his knee is horrible, to his knee is completely fine. He had surgery in January on a torn meniscus in his right knee, and looked alright in his pro day. That's what.. 3 months after surgery? He said his knee was about 70-80% during his pro day.. and look what he did. Imagine it at 100%. I still think Bowers, if the Titans docs OK his knee, would be a steal. I don't care if he ran a slow 40, when do DEs run 40 yards in a straight line? Never.

Let's compare:

DaQuan Bowers
    6'3 280 - 67 tackles & 16 sacks (13 Games)
    4.92 (40), 1.76 (10)
    22 Bench Press
    34 1/2 Vertical & 9'2" Broad Jump
    4.57 Shuttle
    6.98 3-Cone Drill
    Health: Right Knee
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVcvt3VvmSQ

Robert Quinn
    6'4 265 - Didn't play in '10. '09: 52 tackles & 11 sacks (13 Games)
    4.62 (40), 1.61 (10)
    22 Bench Press
    34 Vertical & 9'8" Broad Jump
    4.40 Shuttle
    7.13 3-Cone Drill
    Health: Benign Brain Tumor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11UNo_1DTvY

Aldon Smith
    6'4 263 - 48 tackles & 6 sacks (10 Games)
    4.74 40, 1.66 (10)
    20 Bench Press
    34 Vertical & 9'10" Broad Jump
    4.50 Shuttle
    7.19 3-Cone Drill
    Health: fibula fracture
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ea-ur-_NUM
    Bowers has better stats. His 40/10 are slower. But he has the best 3-Cone Drill, which shows the best DE agility. How fast they can take off in a 3point stance, stop, go back and forth back and forth. He has red flags, but could be a superstar. Take your pick, all 3 are risky.

4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Bowers - Terrible workout, surgery and possible upcoming microfracture surgery and he's a one year wonder.

Quinn- Brain tumor removed and suspened for an entire season for off the field issues.

Smith - Great workouts, extremely long arms (thats huge for a top pass rusher), broken leg... comes back three weeks later and plays through the pain and still has a good season.

With all the misses this team has had from Pacman, VY, Britt we can't afford to take a chance. I'll happily take Aldon Smith at eight.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

QB:
    Jake Locker
    Ryan Mallett- If he had a brain he would be at the top.
    Colin Kaepernick
    Christian Ponder
    Blaine Gabbert

RB:
    Mark Ingram
    Mikel LeShoure
    Ryan Williams
    Demarco Murray
    Kendall Hunter

WR:
    A.J. Green
    Julio Jones
    Torrey Smith
    Leonard Hankerson
    Jon Baldwin

DT:
    Marcell Dareus
    Nick Fairley
    Stephan Paea
    Phil Taylor
    Marvin Austin

DE:
    DaQuan Bowers
    Robert Quinn
    JJ Watt
    Aldon Smith
    Ryan Kerrigan

LB:
    Von Miller
    Akeem Ayers
    Martez Wilson
    Justin Houston
    Bruce Carter

CB:
    Patrick Peterson
    Prince Amukamara
    Jimmy Smith
    Brandon Harris
    Aaron Williams

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Stanzi wasn't in his list, idiot.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Bowers, Smith, and Quinn all have injury issues and yeah the tumor is gone for Quinn but didn't he have a past injury anyway? Also what if he gets another tumor? So just picking from talent of course it's going to be Bowers and if the team wants a DE in the 1st then trade with St. Louis so they can get Julio give us their 1st and a 3rd I guess let's get Bowers, trade our 2nd and that extra 3rd back into the late 1st and take Locker, then close it out.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

An idiot is somebody who can't understand basic concepts. Like calling Cam Newton a dink and dunk passer.

All this thread was about was to rank your top 5 at each position. Who determined that a certain player could not be included?

My gawd man get some electro shock treatments or something.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

3 cone times.

Quinn 7.13

Kerrigan 7.18

A Smith 7.19

Jordan 7.07

Bowers(pro day) 6.98

JJ Watt 6.88

A 6'5 1/3, 290 lb guy had a cone time faster than some of the top CB and WR prospects. Watt's cone time was better than AJ green and Prince Amukamara!

Watt also had the highest vertical in that group and the most reps and the 2nd best broad jump(Kerrigan). He is a total athletic freak but scouting reports actually question his athleticism. :rolleyes: Draft him and stick him in there. He will be great no matter where he plays in our line. He plays every down like it is his last and Kerrigan is the same way.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A sub 7 second cone time for a 280 lb guy is never terrible. I think the knee issue moves him back a notch behind Watt, Kerrigan, Quinn but just a notch. He is still worth a mid 1st rd pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar