Question about IR

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tight Uns, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tight Uns

Tight Uns I'm a girl, dude

Will Vince be one of those guys who stands on the sidelines in sweats?

Or is he dismissed from traveling with the team and such?

I only ask because if he is allowed to travel and doesn't, I would say that says much about him.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

fish face talked like he really wants VY to get surgery so I am assuming that fish face don't want VY anywhere near the team - totally just an impression though he certainly never addressed it.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

He decided to not travel with the team when he was starting. I'm sure he won't find it in his heart to do it now.

4. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

Why would he? Half the fans would give up the season just to see him fail, his coach is showing now more than ever that he really doesn't like him, and outside of the offensive skill guys and Michael Griffin, his team mates probably aren't in his corner either.

He probably has no incentive to be on the sidelines. The guys he is close to would likely know well enough that he supports them without him having to stand on the sidelines next to a coach that's always hoped for his failure while powerlessly watching the Rusty and Kerry show.

Heck, if Bud hadn't come out in support of him, Vince would probably be talking to his agent about teams that are willing to change his newly free-agent status by now.

5. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I think he burns more bridges if he stays away.

It may be awkward as hell between him and Jeff, but if there ever was a time to be a man and cheer on your team mates from the sideline - it's now. He needs to be here, showing everyone HE believes it's his team. If anything, he needs to show Bud that he is doing the right thing in sticking by him. If he disappears back to Texas then I'm done with him.

6. Titanite

Titanite Pulling for VY...Sue me.

That's the thing though. I think the bridges are burned. It's Fisher's team, Fisher's coaching staff and Fisher's media goons. I know Bud says Young will be here next year, but the idea of Fisher and Vince back together just doesn't seem...logical.

Further, I don't see how Young could want to come back to this organization. I could see him calling up certain players and talking to Bud, but having him be on the sidelines would just be odd.

I don't think he could stand to be around Fisher, and definitely vice versa.

7. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

I fear for the well being of the locker room if VY spends any time with the team. The decision to keep him was very bad news for me.

8. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

Bud's reaction yesterday, to me, wreaks of 'Vince is my guy - deal with it'. I think there's a much better chance of Jeff walking out at the end of the year because he feels undermined by Bud, than Vince being released.

I think Vince knows this, too. That's why I want to see him at the games, and studying in the film room, because (for better or worse) it probably still will be 'his team' next year.

He's just gotten a free pass from Bud to act like a petulant child though, so I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if we don't see him for the rest of the season.

9. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

The Titans should win more games then they lose and make the playoffs. The AFC South has morphed into a weak division. A VY lead Titan team would be a better team, but Jeff did not want that. Vince should have stuck it out because there is no doubt he would have been back in soon enough after the Houston game. But now that he is gone the rest of the team will dig deep to win as many games as possible (realizing they can still make the playoffs). Also, the game plan will now open up (Jeff's parting dig at VY). I do believe Vince could have handled a more challenging game plan given the opportunity.

Unfortunately for Vince he won a pyrrhic victory (i.e., Bud's Support). No man is irreplaceable or inVinceable. Management will always win the war. If Bud were to back an employee over management no other coach would come to TN (reference Dungy's comments on the subject). Sounds like VY doesn't have the right people in his ear.

Go Titans!

10. quagliero

quagliero Teh Awsum

I agree. Even at the end of the game on Sunday, CJ was getting runs to the outside. Seems he's always forced up the gut when VY is in.

EDIT: I'm not sure if it's a "parting dig" per se, I think the coaching staff just has zero confidence in expanding the game plan for VY. You can tell Jeff is happy he has Rusty in now, because he keeps saying things along the line of "he'll make the reads and put the ball where it needs to be" and "he knowns the offense", which to me is what seems like the parting digs at VY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar