QB Jake Locker wants to end preseason on high note

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Jake Locker’s plan for Thursday night is simple.

The Titans quarterback wants to end the preseason with momentum before turning his attention to the regular season opener against the Patriots.

“In the final week of the preseason we just want to go out and be crisp,’’ Locker said. ”The last few weeks we’ve had a few more three-and-outs than we would like so I think we’d like to go out and sustain some drives and move the ball and put some points on the board.”

The Titans face the Saints at 6 p.m. at LP Field.

It will be Locker’s third start of the preseason, and his second since being named the team’s starter for the 2012 season. Locker played well last week against the Cardinals, throwing for 134 yards and two touchdowns in just over a half. It was a big improvement compared to his first start, against Tampa Bay.

Locker said he’s getting more comfortable each game.

“It’s just nice knowing and being able to get in the huddle and roll with the group you know you’re going to be going with it definitely give you a sense of confidence,’’ Locker said. “But I try not to put too much on your last performance because there’s nothing you can do about it you can’t go back and fix it whether it was good or bad so you just focus on the next one.”

Already, the Titans have done some preparation for the season opener on September 9 against the Patriots.

Locker, however, said his focus is on tonight.

“Here and there, just to work on some things, but we are still focusing our last preseason game and how we can improve there,’’ Locker said. “I don’t think it is hard (to focus) because it is your last opportunity to go out and get ready for the regular-season.

“The best preparation for week one is to go out and be prepared to perform well in the last preseason game.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

All I hope for is 1.) he gets through the game healthy, and 2.) he learns something from tonight.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Jake has good feet and will use them when necessary. But I think he wont risk injury so he'll slide.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He seems almost hesitant to run, like, he's trying NOT to be a running QB. IDK how I feel about that.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

That's a good thing.

He just needs to realize that there are definitely times where he'll need to make a play with his legs. I don't ever want to see him throw another horrible pick like he did against the Bucs when he could take off and probably get the first down instead. That's VY/Tebow crap.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If I were grading Locker so far, I couldn't give him much more than a C-.

He seems to be a much better QB when he's in the hurry-up offense. I bet Palmer does it a lot this season just to get him in a groove.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I agree, but I think that particular play was probably influenced greatly by the fact that it was the pre-season. In the regular season, I think he runs there. But since it didn't matter, he tried to see if he could make that pass. Lesson learned.

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I totally agree with this. I just dont get how Locker is the best qb on our roster for week 1. We could really do damage this season with Hass starting out the season

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't think we can conclude Hasselbeck is the better option just because Locker hasn't been consistently good during preseason. I think a lot of this decision is based on potential and, that potential can begin to take form with Locker on the bench.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Couldn't agree more Mr Titans God. Locker just needs to get a groove going, and I think Britt can help with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar