QB in 2011

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I wonder which QB Palmer will have a good feel for...may know after the combine and individual workouts.

I am not familiar with the type of QBs Palmer has had success with other than Eli, so maybe that will be more a guide as to who the Titans might try to go get?

And just saw this....so guess that will take one of the list:

Tony Softli of ESPN 101 St. Louis reports that Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett did not declare for the 2010 NFL draft due to "heavy rumors" that he was addicted to drugs.
    Per Softli, "A lot of people are comparing Mallett to Ryan Leaf." We've heard the rumors and Leaf comparisons plenty, but they're now being confirmed by an ESPN employee who used to work as Rams director of player personnel and was the Panthers' scouting director. Softli suggests that Mallett will be given a hair follicle test at the Combine to determine if he's used recently. Mallett, expected to throw in Indianapolis, enters the six-day affair with more red flags than any draft-eligible prospect.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Gabbert said he wont throw in the Combine, he must have something to hide. Now i dont expect him to even go in the 2nd round. Mallet has a drug problem some say it's an addiction. He wont go in the first 3 rounds IMO.

There really isnt a Franchise QB in this draft that is known. Newton will be a top 3 pick and maybe even #1 overall if he has a great combine. we must go after Flynn.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Captain Munch

Captain Munch Camp Fodder

I dont really like Gabbert that much, but he will definitely go in the first round. Its not that abnormal for QBs to opt out of throwing at the combine. He is just waiting to do all that at his Pro Day. With that said, I hope we go defense in the first round and then try to get a QB later in the draft.

4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i dont see why everyone is wanting to get flynn....he hasnt played in enough games for me to be sold that we give up something big for him when we could have a rookie come in and possibly(notice i said possibly) do just as good if not better as flynn would. the risk and reward with flynn is going to be the exact same with any rookie that we draft i would rather get someone who can come in and play for one or two years and be a mentor while drafting a rookie to sit on the bench and learn from behind the vet not another unproven youngster like flynn who played good in 2 or 3 games and could be just a fluke

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Flynn could be a fluke, the rookie could be a fluke, and anyone and everyone that could be our qb next season could be a fluke (yes CJtheBeast, that includes VY).

What proven "vet" is there to bring in?

I say trade for Flynn, sign somebody (Marc Bulger? Shaun Hill?), draft somebody (2nd round, maybe later).

Open up the competition. Rusty can fight for a spot during preseason too.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I think Dave Ragone may be suiting up by the end of camp..

7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Flynn had a great game vs the Pats, if he can do that coming off the bench then I'd be willing to take the chance he can do it a lot more with more playing time.

We've seen he has the tools. it's just a matter of him adjusting to how the defense will game plan for him.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Well put, my scenario would be, trade a 2012 conditional 4th for Matt Flynn. This 4th can become a 3rd or 2nd depending on how the team does. Sign Chad Pennington as a back-up/mentor/veteran leader. Draft Andy Dalton in round 3, using the first two rounds to upgrade the defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

I talked to some Packers fans on another board and they were sold on Flynn... Not to be biased but they are the ones that sit through training camp and preseason watching his plays..

I'm pretty sure they're honest when they say he's starter material.... just like we're honest when we say rusty is not..

10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Flynn would take a high pick to get, and a 2nd is worth quite a bit. There goes a good portion of our draft on 2 players playing the same position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar