Possible Coaches?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Nov 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

No thanks. The Mad-Hatter does well because he has a great recruiting base to draw from, there in Bayou country. I think it will be Hugh Jackson, but I have to say Art Briles would be my choice, if we seriously considered looking into the college ranks. Nobody has proven to do more with less and to maximize QB potential with his system. Sure, he'd need to tweak it some to adapt to the NFL, but I'd be all for giving him a solid shot. The guy built that program from the ground up, and has supplanted traditional powers like Texas and Oklahoma

He could keep the defensive staff largely intact... that, alone could help him establish his footing in the NFL. He'd only need to bring his own staff on the offensive side of the ball. He could consult with Lebeau as to how his system would best work with NFL defenses

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  2. Ugg!

Ugg! Camp Fodder

It takes a special kind of coach to take Oakland to the Superbowl and then win one with Tampa Bay.

#232 Ugg!, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  3. Ugg!

Ugg! Camp Fodder

Let's just hope the Adams family doesn't think because Chip Kelly coached MM in college that it would be a good idea to put chip in wizs is place. I wouldn't mind Jon Gruden, Josh McDaniels would be amazing.

4. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

He took Oakland to the AFC championship game, not the Super Bowl. I get your point though, he did improve that team.

5. Ugg!

Ugg! Camp Fodder

Matt Patricia? I think he gets a shot..

6. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I thought about Josh McDaniels when coming up with the successful OC's so far this season. You do have to take in count he came in having a HOF as a QB and a established OL with the Patriots.

Atleast we have the rest of the season and off-season for them to search for one.

7. Ugg!

Ugg! Camp Fodder

Oh yeah the beautiful Tuck rule that gave Tom Brady his first Super Bowl. poor Charles Woodson got screwed over in that game, and so did the whole team.

8. Ugg!

Ugg! Camp Fodder

Yeah I forgot about the Denver onslaught.
    Matt Patricia will need a shot soon. He is good as a defensive coordinator.

9. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

They got beat by the Ravens that year in the AFC Championship. It was also the year the Ravens won the Super Bowl. Atleast they can say they got beat by the Super Bowl champions.

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Um..no.
    OAK played a West Coast offense, Gruden simply walked Tampa through it to dismantle it in the SB. Then he spiraled downward because the players hated him and that's why he doesn't coach any more. World's Largest Coaching Fluke.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar