Positional Ranking

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by big22tt, May 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Also not disagreeing with top tier QBs not being very important, I just think the fronts more so. Again, I go back to Mahomes last year after losing his 2nd Tackle. It was over after that.

2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Eli Manning is going to be in the Hall of Fame. So we can debate how good he is but he had great season and played great in the playoffs. He was incredibly clutch. So he was a good QB and had years of great. Roethlisberger is also a hall of fame QB. But yes, had a strong defense and running game but he was a good QB that turned into a great one—HOF.

Mediocre, I count Johnson, Flacco, Dilfer, Foles, and Rypien. Out of thirty that is not very many.

I never said required. I said no other single position makes more of a difference in winning a Super Bowl.

3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Rothlisburger had insane receivers and killer D’S as well. Eli doesn’t deserve the HOF.... I get it though. I’m still with @HurrayTitans! with OL (1), DL (2), QB (3). We most likely the minority in that opinion, but think we made adequate cases. That’s the fun of GoTits!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

No argument for either being HoF BUT, that doesn’t make Big ben’s 2005 season any good. He wasn’t but won a SB. Same thing with Peyton Manning, no question first ballot but his 2015 SB was the absolute worst season a QB has ever had and won the SB. He was awful that year.

Eli will get in, that doesn’t make him a superstar QB although that is a debated point. Kenny stabler and Joe Namath are HoFers, easily more than 1 tier down from say a John elway or joe Montana. Any given year, Eli was a top 10 QB was he ever really a top 5?

My point overall is there is a huge misunderstanding on how “mandatory” these top tier QBs are. We see it almost every year, a highly competitive team with a weaker QB or ever 2-3 years, a QB that doesn’t fit this superstar mold playing in the SB if not winning.
    It’s been proven, multiple times, and recently, that you can win the SB without a top QB. What seems harder to prove is if you can win it with a weak Defense.

Protect a QB and marginal QB is all you “need”. Make even the best QBs uncomfortable, they are extremely beatable.
    OL and DL are more important than QB.

Edit: also, dilfer was never mediocre. Brad Johnson really wasn’t either. I think Flacco is somewhat under rated but not great and rypien also had one of the greatest triplet WR corps of all time plus Byner rushing (and a GREAT OL).

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Still think Eli doesn’t deserve the HOF. Top 10 isn’t good enough. Can’t have 12 QBs in an era making it. Rivers deserves that honor before Eli, even though Forehead 2 has those Super Bowls.

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Eli will get in for 2 SB victories. His career numbers are also really high regardless that all QBs in his era sky rocketed.
    Big Ben’s 2009 season was good. It’s just his 05’ SB that was a weak QB winning games the SB.

7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

To your edit, Theisman was like that too! Had the Pigs, Riggins, and a stellar Wr in Monk. He made the HOF off of that line IMO

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

That brings up another D QB winner in Jim Mcmahon and that Bears D. Super Bowl shuffle... good times!

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

@Titanoiler51 after 1,000 posts, ya need an avatar! Get rid of that thumbtack!!

10. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Here’s a few... 152AF283-71FF-4E5C-8746-3E33F231BA5B.jpeg

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar