Positional Ranking

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by big22tt, May 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

The only other one I saw was Nick Foles. I went through the list of the last 30 winners.

2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Supporting cast will always matter. But the consistent factor year in and year out is having a great QB. In both Raven wins they had a dominant defense, and one year it was perhaps the best ever assembled. The Bucs with Brad Johnson was similar. Broncos in Manning’s last year was the same story. So sure, if you have a world class defense then yes, you can win with an average QB. But this is an argument about one player making the biggest difference in winning a super bowl. If you have great players at every level of a defense they can, a couple of times a decade, win the super bowl. But far more often, having a great quarterback with an adequate defense gets the job done.

3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I am not being picky, but are you saying that Brady did not have fantastic defenses when he won his SBs? Serious question. I can't run it off the top of my head, but they must of been at least 15 or better. Better than half the league at the time.

#33 Hormesis, May 26, 2021
    Last edited: May 26, 2021
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

2012 ravens ranked 12th in Def points, 17th by yards. Super elite.

last 30 SB
    Rypien
    Aikman
    Steve Young
    Favre
    Elway
    Warner
    Dilfer
    Johnson
    Brady
    Roethlisberger
    Peyton Manning
    Brees
    Rodgers
    Wilson
    Foles
    Flacco
    Eli Manning
    Mahomes

you count 26 out of 30 as superstar QBs?
    Let’s also keep in mind that Peytons second SB win was an awful QB year (arguably the worst ever to win a SB) and Big Ben’s first SB year was mediocre at best.
    Eli isn’t considered part of that same “elite” level as the rest, unless you think he is.
    We already established dilfer, Johnson, Flacco, and Foles are not there
    At the 30 year mark is 1 year wonder Mark Rypien.

So in 30 years, I count 9 mediocre or worse QBto win. That’s almost 1/3. the fact that the same QBs repeated so many times doesn’t really help your point knowing how may QBs are that “elite” level not winning.

NOT required.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

His first 3 SB had solid defenses. His first, he was almost a non factor w/ around 2700, 17/10 or close to that.

6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

He also had this guy named Randy Moss at one time, Gronk, Welker, Eddleman, Hernandez. I know a bunch of scrubs too, but it ain't like he had nothing when he was winning the big games.

7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Don't think he won with Moss, that other scrub QB ruined their perfect season I think....

8. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Young, Warner, Breez were loaded too!

9. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Maybe top 15. But top 15 is very different than top in league or top of all time.

10. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Looked at a few, 11,12, 14, 15 with top tier offense pretty real good team. I’d take that! We had a 12 Defense last year, Titans probably have a Lombardi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar