polamalu says nfl is turning pansy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

he has a point though

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

yeah... he's right

4. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Its becoming a joke, you cant hit the qb for god sakes

5. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I REALLY don't like goodell much at all. If this horsecrap of arbitrary punishment/ fines from on high keeps up I'll be about done with the NFL.

It may come to the point that players know they are gonna get fined, and take the "I'm might as well get my money's worth..." attitude. Then we will see people get hurt. And I can't say as I would blame them too much.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How does that affect your day to day life so much you are willing to give it up?

The fines are weak but what you say is ridiculous.

7. guitarjunkie

Well, it don't. It's just principal for me. I don't have time for much, so football is my sit down and watch what I want (save for the occasional movie w/ the kids) and I spend alot of the rest here. I guess I kind of see the league as coming down a notch since goodell arrived. It seems like there's more out of the butt fines such as this, however weak they are. I think it's petty and frivolous, I don't think the NFL needs to be Monday morning refereeing. If a flag was thrown then I'm O.K. with that. It's football, it's supposed to be rough, people are gonna get hit. I don't want to watch a bunch of men tip-toe around each other on the field, might as well put tu-tu's and ballet slippers on'em, then we'll be watching soccer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The league was coming down a notch before Goodell. The NFL is just rolling with the bubble wrapped world we now live in.

9. guitarjunkie

Yep, you're right.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I absolutely agree. The rules have gotten a little ridiculous. Just like in basketball. I like it better in the past when football players didn't play for money and closers came out to pitch more than one inning and the sports didn't have contract disputes with players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar