Pick up Cedric Benson NOW!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jwill1919, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I hope this is sarcasm because if it's not your..........I'm just going to say dumb. You can call Benson a bust because he was the 4th overall pick and has sucked ever since even when he's not injured.

IDK why we have some people who call Chris Johnson a bust. You act like we took some random scrub. The kid can ball watch his highlights now I know they are his best plays but damn he has a lot of them. Will that transfer to the NFL...thats to be determined but from looking at his college career and his abilities that he brings he could be really good. Only hear good things about him in OTA's yes I know not a big deal but hey better than hearing about him struggling. He doesn't have a carry yet lets not jump to conclusions.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, that was dripping with sarcasm.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've watched him a lot, and I'm not impressed. He has some tackle breaking ability, but not much speed or wiggle. I actually think he'd put up similar #'s to LW, who I'm not very impressed with either.

Don't see how it's really worth it when you consider all his BS.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i remember reading our FO was IN LOVE with him in the 2005 draft. some of our scouts were comparing him to earl campbell....

5. reo

reo Starter

Wouldn't really be a matter of signing him. It'd be putting a claim on him. Not sure what that'd mean contract-wise but if it was cheap, I wouldn't be against bringing him into camp. I of course don't really know much about his issues. I'm assuming its mainly been a lack of motivation thing as oppossed to him actually getting into a lot of trouble. If that's the case... bring him in and if he doesn't work out, cut 'em.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I think chris johnson and chris henry could both turn out to be pretty good players. But I would not feel comfortable with one of those guys handling 20-30 carries a game. If lendale gets injured this year we really don't have a back up for the offense we run. Look what happened to new orlean's running game when mccalister went down. If we can sign him cheap then we might as well, he has potential.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If CJ wants to play in the NFL, he better get ready to take the load. I think we have a great 1-2 punch and I think CJ will do great as a full time starter should the need arise, or that be the case. Chris Henry is respectable for a 3rd back. We do not need Benson and whatever trouble he is seeking out. If we were a clean team with no problems, sure, he's probably just a drinker and that is mildy forgiveable, but we are trying to clean up our act so he doesn't fit.

If Lendale goes down, which at some point He will, they all do, CJ will do just fine with Vince back there. I think we are better off than most teams at the rb position, we just don't have that all pro.

8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

roflllllllll

hellllllll no

9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Benson seems to be a classic case of a guy using football to build a fortune and once the fortune is there, everything else goes out the window. He doesn't want to be a great football player, he just wants to spend the paychecks. I say let him do that garbage in another town. There's no hope for him as far as I'm concerned. We can certainly do better.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

If we had to pick up a running back, I would say we should go for Kevin Jones. He's actually been productive and won't be suspended for drug/alcohol use. That said, we have no need to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar