Pick #85: Craig Stevens, TE, California

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Again, my first reaction is we could have gotten this guy next round.

2. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

May just be me, but I think of henry more as a 20 carry a game pounder back than a brian westbrook.

3. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

this is ben hartstock, i dont really see how you all are not getting it, the titans wanted to keep him, but there was no chance they would pay the money the falcons dished out. he was drafted the same round and has most of his measureables. everyone on here used to talk about how important he was

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Yeah same here. I never thought of him of a speed back. Someone who can handle the load but I guess not.

5. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Jeff, I think it is kinda like the first and second round picks though: If you do not pick someone up at that position, who is the next option if they do not last to the next round? I think Johnson, Jones, and Stevens all got picked because there is a drop off in talent at the position behind them...not that they were necessarily deserving to go as high as they went......but supply and demand drives picks as much as anything.

6. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

the way you have to look at is think how much better our defense would have been with pacman last year...our pass rush was better last year and we had better players in key positions... now take out nick harper and put in pacman and our defense would have been outstanding and phillip rivers would not have passed for 250 against us with pacman in thier... lots of speculation but i trully belive it...

7. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

at least thats the way I look at it. I think there was a cavernous drop off in speed back talent after Jones and Johnson. I think J Jones was the only combo DE/DT around at that spot....and after Cottam and Stevens I think TE is done for as far as potential starters down the road.

8. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I am not going to argue that Harper is as good as pac man, but I think he is a heck of alot more consistent...and Jeff can tell you I went nuts when we picked pac man....I saw him get burned so much at WVU I could not take it. I would in no way shape or form call pac man a shut down corner as the media is. I think big receivers can have their way with him despite his leaping ability.

9. TitanTeam

TitanTeam Guest

I thank MR and Fisher are smoking Grass and throwing darts at the draft board.Tell me why not Andre Caldwell with this pick.

10. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Thats a question I asked earlier tteam. What is wrong with caldwell that he is dropping? Off the field issues coming out yesterday? small hands? Something is up with him....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar