Pick #5 of the 2017 NFL Draft: WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Young54

Young54 Starter

Yea, I'd like to see those plays.

2. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Yeah, totally agree that this offensive scheme is quite offensive.

I've just had a hard time putting a finger on what changed so much from last year? We have basically the same players and coaches, but I feel like we were doing a lot more play action and down field throws last season than we have this year.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Do your own work.

4. Riverman

OK. So Mariota only throws bad to to Davis? That’s why the completions % to Davis is around 45% and to our other receivers is 58-60+%.

5. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Mariota has always been terrible at hitting a moving target on the sidelines, not just Davis. That just happens to be where the majority of the targets to him are going.

6. Young54

Young54 Starter

You're the one who asked.

7. Young54

Young54 Starter

No. He throws some bad passes to everyone. You don't think that the fact that Davis has barely practiced could have anything to do with the bad chemistry between the QB and the WR? And that would lead to the lower completion percentage to Davis over the rest?

In addition to that, what abc is trying to say is that Maritoa has always issues throwing the deep outside routes. Which also attributes to the lower completion percentage to Davis.

Both things can be worked on.

8. Riverman

I’m not going argue with you over points I’ve already made in a dialogue with someone else. Just read- I’ve already stated my position.

9. Riverman

Not you- another person with whom I was having a reasonable dialogue.

10. Riverman

But the completion numbers for each WR (you supplied btw) show Davis completion % much lower. If you’re stating Mariota has problem hitting the sidelines to all WR’s the rates should be the same.

Really you and I have no disagreement. We both hope that Davis is more productive in the next few games. We differ in that you feel it is more Mariota and based on completion %’s I suggest it is more on Davis. It most likely is the both have bad chemistry because the other WR’s have had more real game time snaps with Mariota than Davis. And that also supports my only contention that we have thus far not got production out of Davis worth our #5 pick. YET.....and I do mean YET. I am in no way satating Davis is a bust- just not productive enough for the pick we spent on him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar