Pick 224 of the 2020 NFL Draft: Cole McDonald, QB, Hawaii

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Apr 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

*an arm.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

only took 2 decades but Sunshine finally got here

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The good news with a run and shoot qb is they are used to throwing a lot. The bad news, we don't throw a lot here. So not sure how it's gonna work. But we proved we need a strong arm in this system to get the ball downfield. So that aligns.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I feel like a lot of people were asking for this guy in the 7th.

Speak up for your boy!

I would have preferred Gordon, if we must have a 7th round QB. But whatever. A dude that has good size and a cannon and runs a 4.5 isn't the worst thing to have around.

5. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Haha! You stole my bit from Shoutbox! Seriously though, how Sunshine is this guy!

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I hear people say he has a cannon, but his draft profile says the opposite.

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Cole McDonald | NFL.com

Specifically...

Waits too long to heave it deep and uses too much air

Ball comes out wobbly too often

Lacks arm talent to make pro throws

Unorthodox release looks like he's throwing a javelin

Disappointing deep-ball accuracy at just under 29 percent

I watched he's YouTube highlights, and I'd have to agree. He really has to torque up and throw it with a full rainbow to get it deep.

And that is the ugliest damn release I've ever seen, and I watched every game Vince Young played.

Id say there is a near zero chance this kid even makes the roster.

I figure maybe they wanted a mobile guy on scout team to pretend to be mobile qbs.

Pretty crap pick imo. It's a 7th, so who cares, but if have rather had a kicker.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

That's pretty much what it comes down to.

I just have a fundamental disagreement with picking QBs like this late. Late round picks should be for height/weight/speed guys who can fill out special teams. This guy, in the 5% chance he makes the roster, will take up a spot and not contribute at all.

But! It's a seventh round pick, so there's no sense it getting worked up about it.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Just trying to keep our Hawaiian fan base interested

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Oh. Dude can't hit the broadside of a barn and throws the ball like he is 4 years old.

...but that doesn't necessarily speak to his arm strength. He puts a lot of pop on those grenades.

10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I think a CB, WR, RB or LB that could play ST would have been a better pick but it's the 7th round.. doesn't matter all that much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar