Paul Oliver...........who?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jun 2, 2007.

?
  1. No way. Not for an '08 2nd or 3rd rounder

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  2. Why not

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  3. I don't know enough about him.

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Gunny, don't let your obsessive compulsive optimism cloud your judgement when it comes to improving the team. Even if it is the 5th corner, there is such a small gap between our 1st and 5th corners, it's not like we're talking quantum physics here, the competition could be beneficial and maybe a change of scenery and a new scheme will do each player some good, granted NO corner does good in Schwartz' scheme, lest I digress.

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Definitely worth a third but certainly not a high second and I believe whole-heartedly we make the playoffs this year.

Kind of frustrating that we're talking about adding YET ANOTHER d-back this offseason and have still done nothing to improve the d-line!

Anybody out there? (echo)

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We don't need another corner. We've got plenty of DB's. Save the pick.

Andre is gone after this year. Waddell and Hill will be better than most think- they are both coming off injuries. Finnegan's motor runs like KVB's- he'll be strong as well. Pac will be back by mid-year.

4. ONUV

ONUV Starter

passed on the draft because of grades? what does that mean? he's ineligible for his senior season so he's entering the supplemental draft.

5. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Ahmad Hall was the last player we got out the of the supplemental draft :)

I think a claim in the 3rd is as high as I'd go.

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Ahmad Hall was a undrafted Free Agent (can you say STEAL).

I would put a 3rd round bid in for Oliver and cut Woolfolk. He might be worth a second if the coaches see something they really like.

He has skills.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The draft is always a gamble but if Oliver has serious talent where he could be a shut down CB in the NFL you have to at least consider offering a 1st day pick for the guy. I'm not sure if he rates that high but if he does of course you have to consider the guy even if there isn't a great need. If Oliver turns out to be what Woolfolk was supposed to be we would be in great shape.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

We don't need another young CB. We need a veteran with starter experience (and not Herndon)

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

You're right. It was Hall and what a steal. If Oliver can live up to the production of Hall, he is definately worth a 3rd round selection.

Since Pac is gone, Waddell might make the roster as a return man. He's got the speed for it, but not sure if he has a knack for it.

As for Olivers grades, I think he stayed in school to bring his grades up to be eligable for the supplemental draft. Thinking he was ineligable for the draft in April.

10. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Here's some statements that I've found concerning Oliver:

Cornerback Paul Oliver has built himself quite a reputation; he is being mentioned as the only cornerback that was able to shut down all-world Georgia Tech receiver Calvin Johnson last year (2006).

Paul Oliver was ruled academically ineligible in early May 2007 and has decided to enter the NFL's supplemental draft.

But Oliver decided to stay in school for his senior year, and if he would have been able to play football in 2007 he might have been a first rounder in the 2008 NFL Draft.

This guy does sound like he's worth a shot. Projected as a 1st rounder in '08......ONLY corner to shut down Johnson. I'm on his bandwagon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar