Patrick Willis is a freak

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by User Name, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yeah, as I remember LB was a need; just not as high as a priority
    and regardless of the need, Keith was high on the WANT list and we knew about it for weeks

Fowler wa NOT signed to be the savior inside - as he won't be
    it'd be great to see ST plug it, but would you compare him to Willis ?

furthermore,
    I'm sick of this drafting for "need"
    let's get the best player available in crucial rounds
    and fill in some developmental depth on Day 2

2. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

With that speed, I'd bet he would stay in at a lot of nickel situations.

Especially if he has some range. (Which I think he does)

I would love to have him.

Truth is there are some real studs in this year's draft.

Unless we screw it up, we get us a stud.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What if BPA is a QB or LT for example?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

this year's draft, a QB or a LT will not be BPA @ 19

Landry would be (but he won't be)
    Carriker (or the 2 above him) would be
    Leon Hall would be
    Adrian Peterson would be
    and Willis would be
    one 'could' go Meacham here, but I won't
    if all of these guys are gone, I might go Chris Houston or possibly Reggie Nelson

in other words. I wouldn't reach for Charles Johnson - just because

5. EasyC

EasyC 133-H-8

If he is there, we may take him... if he is the best available. The not being on the field half the time argument is okay... but with his sub 4.4 speed and bullock's speed out there we wouldn't play nickel as much as we did last year with sirmon there. Plus with our improved secondary (yes its improved... I think... <save pac>), the nickel package may not be needed as much.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Good lord how could you even think we wouldn't take him if he made it to 19! The guy's a tackling machine with wings on his shoes! Fowler and Tulloch are by no means guaranteed the starting spot. Fowler was clearly brought in as depth and as a ST standout. Tulloch was a fourth round pick, not a first, not a second. Willis is exactly the type of defensive impact player the "Plan" calls for. It says it right there in paragraph three!

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

:truedat:

We're at a position right now where we don't really have any glaring needs that would necessitate a first round pick (some might argue otherwise, but I think we've got at least serviceable starters at almost every position) but almost every position could use some great improvement, because of that we need to go with the best player available approach.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'd take the guy if one of the better DEs wasn't there. If anything his workout could assure he goes before #19 which would drop someone to us.

I would take the guy even if he didn't stay on the field all the time but I would also assume with him, Thornton and Bulluck we could play more straight defense.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if we had a 3-4 package Jarvis Moss could be a good pick
    he seems like an Adalius Thomas kinda guy

10. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I saw that early todayand my jaw dropped.........i knew he was amazing and productive with good speed but not 4.3 speed thats crazy. I said months ago this guy is gonna be a pro bowler and he will be a stud. IDC about tulloch or Fowler if he is ther which is nowvery doubtful we grab him no questions asked. If you could take a good MLB or a STUD MLB that will anchor your D your gonna take the stud so theres no reaon we pass on him because of stephen tulloch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar