Pacman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by BigSteve09, Sep 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Again, huh? Did you actually think this through?:rolleyes: Clayton is a writer and makes appearances on ESPN. The league office is making the final call whether Pac actually returns to play after the Titans' 10th game. Bud, Jeff and Pac will be the first notified of the decision. Jeff Fisher is a well respected Coach within the league. League officials aren't going to reveal something to John Clayton that Jeff Fisher and Bud Adams doesn't already know.

C'mon now, really. Do you actually think anyone in the league is going to tell Clayton about Pac's situation that they wouldn't tell Jeff or Bud? Seriously?:irked:

2. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

The Titans revealed their plans when they stopped Pac from participating in wrestling. If you will remember, when Albert was suspended from the team last year, Fisher put a ban on talking about him. Despite what people "read" and conclude about Pac, Fisher really does like him and feels that he can work with him.

Fans are fickle. When Pac returns, he may get booed initially, but if he makes a big play or returns one for a TD, the crowd will love him all over again.

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

True. It was probably a way to get ratings for Plaster's new television show. If you get one of the big guns from ESPN, people are going to watch.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

You couldn't be more right.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think Clayton was giving an opinion, I hardly doubt he presented it as fact. ITs a talk show, thats what they do, ask opinions of different things. Of course, you were curious why he didnt ask the Titans beat writers instead, like they would know anything different than Clayton. Yes I thought it threw, and I see absolutely no harm in asking someone like Clayton his opinion on the matter, since Im sure he does have more contacts within the league office than your average beat writer, and can probably get better feel of which direction they are leaning. I seriously doubt that Clayton presented it as fact, so I have no clue your issue with Plaster asking him the question.

6. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

Finally, someone says it...

7. Xplayer52

Xplayer52 Guest

I don't understand why people would say we don't need him??? He's one of the biggest playmakers in the NFL. I know he did wrong but we still need him on the team! With Pac back are D goes from ok to good....

Thank about it,

Harper, pacman

Hope, Lowry or Mikey Griff plus Courtland in the nickel.....

Sounds good hear

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I just don't want PacMan screwing up the chemistry/cohesion that this new young team has going for it... I love watching PacMan on the field, but it irks me to think of what disctractions he could bring our way if he really hasn't changed (do you ever?).

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

distractions are overrated......

think of the early 90's Cowboys.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

:werd:

I expect more cheers than boos from Titan fans if/when he is back.

And I thought you weren't posting anymore. :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar