Pacman Appeal Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

You arent acknowledging the whole issue. I think most everyone has said the fact he was speeding isnt that big a deal. But when it happens a week before his appeal, after his self imposed curfew, without a license, and also missing a mandatory counseling session, there is no way you can possibly conclude he is taking this seriously. And that is the issue.

2. The speeding it really not the issue at all to me. It's that he was out past his self-imposed midnight curfew...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Is the missing a counseling session even proven?

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

It was reported on ESPN, so I would assume it is. Doesnt seem like something that would be hard to prove. I suppose there is a chance that the media just got it wrong, but seems like that would be corrected by now.

5. TheTitanGuy

TheTitanGuy Guest

Pacman will never change, and here is why I believe this. Every time he apologizes it is to the fans and his teammates and he talks about how he is sorry he hurt the team. It is always about wanting to play football and not wanting to be suspended (again). You never hear any real remorse for his actions because they are wrong. Granted this is partially due to the fear that what he says may make it into court to be used against him, but there are ways of acknowledging why one has done wrong without exposing oneself to criminal or civil liability.

Good people do not respect others out of fear of the law. Good people respect others because they are good people. I do not need a law to tell me not to hit women, bite cops, smoke pot while driving (and speeding!), assault bouncers, or associate with known criminals. People like Pacman who respect others out of fear of what will happen to them if they do not usually fail.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It just seems very nothing. Like no one cares about it which is why I question the legitimacy of it.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Well thats fair, I obviously dont know for sure, but I did see it mentioned on ESPN and at least a couple of people have posted articles about it on this site. But I guess we will find out.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

If it is true, who the hell keeps leaking this stuff? First, we got the story about Pacman going to the strip club the day before his meeting with Goodell, now we've got the story about Pac missing a session. These leaks most likely came from someone in the NFL. If Goodell can't even keep his offices in line, how does he think that he is going to keep an entire league of players in line?

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

The NFL office is as leaky as a sieve, always has been always will be. It didn't take a day before Pacman's confidential letter to the NFL was in the hands of the press and players substance abuse issues are regularly leaked. Even if Goodell wanted to crack down on it, I doubt he could.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Yeah, but one thing that I don't get is how the results of Pacman's meeting with Goodell was leaked to Chris Mortensen a couple of hours later. Wasn't this supposed to be some confidential meeting? If so, then only a select few of people should have been in the room, which means Goodell should know exactly who leaked the information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar