Owner Bud Adams puts "grossly out coached and outplayed" Titans on notice.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I want to believe this is true...

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher got one. Does that mean the Titans shouldn't have fired him or that he'd be better now than Munch?

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Come on now. You know that's not what I was getting at. My point is no other team in the league would currently look at Munchak as a serious head coaching candidate. That should tell you something. Unless you just think the Titans front office is that much smarter and ahead of the curve than the rest of the league. And there's absolutely zero evidence of that being the case with this bunch.

Fisher, love him or hate him (and I hate him), has a record of success. Sure, with plenty of failure and mediocrity along the way. But once upon a time he was a very successful head coach. You can argue the game passed him by (I would). But he's been to the playoffs a bunch. And he's been as close to winning a Super Bowl as any head coach ever not to win one has been. And for reasons I cannot explain nor understand, he's extremely well respected and liked almost universally, at least outside of Tennessee.

My point is not someone who would get another job = good coach, and someone who would not get another job = bad coach. Bad hires are made all the time in this league (see Munch). We all knew Fisher would get another job. And while I disagree with it, there's certainly a legitimate argument to be made that he is in fact a very good head coach. But the reasons why he needed to move on from here have been discussed ad nauseum on this forum.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yes. He does. I'm not stating he isn't responsible. Only that it is his team to do with as he pleases. Ultimately he is responsible for the product just as ultimately he receives the rewards. I just don't think he will be "handing the franchise off" while he is still above ground. It is his identity. You've heard me complain numerous times about Bud and his ways. I don't think he is the same caliber of owner as some of the more successful franchises. But what I think doesn't matter unless I can convince everybody not to buy tickets or merchandise. That is the only way I ever see Bud "handing off" the franchise.

Huh? I think you have my argument confused. I've only said that FO/GM/coaches are ultimately responsible for fielding a successful product. If players are not producing, then get them producing or get some that do.

I don't remember him benching CJ last year. And if he did, maybe that helped us get to 9-7 and got the attention of some of the other players.

And he made it a point to state he wasn't going to this year and wasn't going to make any changes in coaches. Maybe that's why were 3-6.

Not what I said. Please re-read.

Don't know who is in their front office. Do you? I'd bet most likely there are some guys working in those FO's who've been part of a SB win. That fact isn't necessary to refute or support my suppostion.

Worked out better than it is working right now.

TJ, are you really suggesting that hiring from outside the organization, especially somebody who gained experience during a Super Bowl run/win, WOULDN'T be more likely to change the current millieu/ culture?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mike Tice found a job, so Munchak will.

6. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

If we wanted Peyton couldn't we pursue him now? His contract is voided basically making him a free agent coach. It would be great, but I highly doubt he has any real interest in signing with us. He will probably either resign with the Saints or see if he has a shot at the job in Dallas.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

he is barred from all contact with the NFL right now

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I agree. It was a good statement. I think it could have been a bit better if he were to say that there would be accountability for his assistants. He needs to make an example of somebody if he is going to be effective in "getting the team back". If he doesn't hold his coaches accountable, his players know he won't hold them acccountable.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Who gets sacrificed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar